• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four 129
1 1

8 posts in this topic

So this book managed to live its first nearly 50 years relatively unscathed, until I got my hands on it and managed to create a tear near the staple 😒 I tried to zoom in on it because its a little tough to see. Your thoughts on this one? 20230423_235835-1.thumb.jpg.2e5d752532c62bd9b3e81fce2b0c4ad9.jpgthanks

20230427_105017.jpg

Screenshot_20230427-105458_Gallery.jpg

Now is a good time to remind everyone not to open covers more than 45 degrees on high grade books.

Counting this as a spine split, 6.5 is  as far as I can go.

Edited by cchunn3

On 4/27/2023 at 12:32 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Seen a 7.5 with top staple detached and I'd place this book right around there, 7.5. 

Do you feel up to telling us how it got damaged? It wasn't dry cleaning with an eraser was it? 

I am not sure I am ready to talk about it yet, I am sure one day I will gather the strength but.... Just kidding, I was literally just doing a quick clean with a cotton ball and I got lazy and it snagged at the wrong angle. Total freak thing... oh well, thats life I guess.

this will depend on how strongly attached that staple is & the length of the tear. I have an 8.5 & a 9.0 both with staple tears being the only note. Is the worst part 1/4"-1/2"? From the photo, I'd say 8.0 as a ceiling  

On 4/27/2023 at 9:42 PM, chadsdsmith said:

I am not sure I am ready to talk about it yet, I am sure one day I will gather the strength but.... Just kidding, I was literally just doing a quick clean with a cotton ball and I got lazy and it snagged at the wrong angle. Total freak thing... oh well, thats life I guess.

We live and learn. I'm sure someone at some point in history has wrapped their chips in an AF15 so it could be worse. Still a very nice book!