• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite Possibilities

6 posts in this topic

We all know that Crisis on Infinite Earths was a process to remove multiple universes. Likewise, Infinite Crisis is proposing for a semi-expansion of Earth-2 (or potentially red-herring).

Do you think DC is attempting, maybe even as a small portion, to absorb the Wildstorm universe into the DC Universe? I just thought it was convenient that Captain Atom was transported there, his mini will end about the same time as Infinite Crisis, and the universe decreasing idea has "Crisis" written all over it.

Any thoughts? I was even thinking this whole Void story was tied into. They don't know if she's dead. She's super powerful and maybe her powers are causing a lot of the DC chaos. Who knows, I'm probably just nutz.

Pat

Well, they have no reason now not to. Alan Moore is going bye, bye. Makes sense. I got the sense from several of the events going on such as Seven Soldiers that DC is getting ready to rework continuity and merge some lines. For example, the New Mister Miracle, New Bulleteer and I think they are going to kill of Zatanna. I don't think, they will ever merge Vertigo, though that is a possibility with the addition of DMZ, Loveless and Testament books to the line up. I mean Jonah Hex in DCU and Wes Cutter in Loveless. Two westerns in 2 lines. But because of the Mature readers tag, they will probably keep them separate. It would be neat to see Authority in the DCU. I would love the see The Intimates as well but I believe they are canceling that series.

Yeah, the Authority is what I was thinking too. They kind of did it with the "Elite" back in an earlier issue of Superman. But I'd love to see the actual thing.

It has a lot of cool potential and would update some of the mediocre characters (if they had good writers/artists obviously).

Thanks for the replies.

Pat