• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received a book back with the wrong color label
3 3

6 posts in this topic

I received a book back with a yellow signature series label when the book isn't a signature series book.  I've already waited over a year for this book to be returned to me so as you can imagine I'm not that thrilled. If I contact CGC will they expedite this correction?  Has anyone had this happen to them?

Didn't happen to me, but if it was for my personal collection, it wouldn't bother me that it's the wrong color label. As long as it correctly identified the comic enclosed, fine with me. 

Even flipping it, the incorrect color label might not be a problem. I guess it could exclude those buyers who "buy the label".

• Administrator
On 4/29/2023 at 3:10 PM, sandman585 said:

I received a book back with a yellow signature series label when the book isn't a signature series book.  I've already waited over a year for this book to be returned to me so as you can imagine I'm not that thrilled. If I contact CGC will they expedite this correction?  Has anyone had this happen to them?

Complete a submission form by selecting the mechanical error option.  Be specific as to what the problem is.  A prepaid shipping label will be sent to you through our website.  (not by e-mail)  We will fix the label problem and return it to you at our expense.  

On 4/29/2023 at 9:47 PM, CGC Mike said:

Complete a submission form by selecting the mechanical error option.  Be specific as to what the problem is.  A prepaid shipping label will be sent to you through our website.  (not by e-mail)  We will fix the label problem and return it to you at our expense.  

Great thanks Mike I appreciate the help on this. 

On 4/30/2023 at 6:04 AM, Lightning55 said:

Didn't happen to me, but if it was for my personal collection, it wouldn't bother me that it's the wrong color label. As long as it correctly identified the comic enclosed, fine with me. 

Even flipping it, the incorrect color label might not be a problem. I guess it could exclude those buyers who "buy the label".

I'd be thrilled to have something like that too. It's akin to rare factory errors. 

However I could also see how it can potentially hurt the book even if it's just for PC. Because people might look at it like you've cracked it open yourself and swapped the label.