• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Four Color comic collection stolen 😡Portland, OR

3 posts in this topic

It sounds to me like they were stolen by someone known to Frank. I don't think random thieves would target a raw collection of Four Color Comics.

It could be a younger relative, neighbor, or acquaintance with substance abuse issues or possibly someone who did some work for Frank and saw the collection.

Raw Four Colors would be difficult to identify individually, but most thieves aren't particularly bright. Let's hope this thief gets himself caught.

Edited by jimbo_7071

I agree,  this had to be someone who was aware of the collection, and likely also aware of when Frank would be not be around.

If these are the same small gray acid free boxes  that I use ( from Bill cole around 30 years ago)   they only hold less than 100 books each.

Given 1200 four colors  and hundreds of other books mentioned  we are looking at 20+ of these boxes and even with a dolly  it would take several trips  to transport and load all of these books into a vehicle.

AS an avid Four Color Collector I agree  that  most of these books are not high dollar, unless very high grade  and\or slabbed. 

If I lost my collection  I would not have the heart  to begin again  after collecting these almost exclusively for the last 15 years.

So sorry for your loss,  and hoping that the community  helps find  the scum who took them from you  

FC FS8.jpg

FC FS23.jpg