• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars 68 CGC 9.6 Wow
1 1

14 posts in this topic

If that bend is literally the only defect on this book, then I can see this being legit. It looks a lot worse than it is, it's entirely pressable too. In fact, it's possible this is a 9.8 after a quick press. But, that picture is pretty low res, I might be missing things. 

Yes missing things I can see from a distance that is not anything higher than a 9.0 , I didn't even have to look at the listing , it was obvious , but in order to capture the book I did . Its a 100 % seller , so that at least gives pause as to it is legit , although maybe we could say CGC blew it on the encapsulation of the book ,so what happened to quality control ? Its a from a distance not a 9.6 book , not even close . I suppose the book could press to a 9.6 , although really not interested in buying and upgrading a book to its grade though .

On 5/4/2023 at 4:44 PM, JollyComics said:

Yeah, getting a closer look that's not a 9.6. Looks like 2 significant spine ticks, wavy bottom back cover, a lot of color rub and maybe even some staple rust migration? 

On 5/4/2023 at 4:27 PM, SolidShredder said:

Yeah, getting a closer look that's not a 9.6. Looks like 2 significant spine ticks, wavy bottom back cover, a lot of color rub and maybe even some staple rust migration? 

I tried to enlarge it. Hard to see it.

I have 9.4.  The grader note - Multiple stress marks on spine that break color.   I counted only one that broke the color.  The small staple tear broke the color.  Two stress marks the spine on BC.  All of them are very small.

You can judge on that book.