• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Better CGC graders at higher tiers and and poor handling (quality control)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if CGC places their best graders (less of them) on the higher tier books and they're less experienced (more of them) on moderns. Recently I submitted books for all tiers with the Unlimited value, Express tier (discontinued under new system) and Vintage all listed as arriving a day before the Moderns yet the Moderns got shipped to me before any of the others and the Unlimited value book is still sitting there a week later (same with the Express books).

To add insult to injury, all books were C&P by one of the best pressers in the biz and should have graded a 9.2 or better but one came back at 8.5 with only one grader note "creasing to cover." No way it would be sent that way from this presser so I have to assume it occurred at CGC before being graded.

I agree but if the TAT for Unlimited is 2 days and 10 days for High Value why would Moderns (with a TAT of 20) get done and shipped in 4 business days and the Unlimited still there after 5. Not that I'm complaining that the Moderns have shipped and I know the times are estimates, just curious.

On 5/9/2023 at 7:17 AM, phantomdj said:

I agree but if the TAT for Unlimited is 2 days and 10 days for High Value why would Moderns (with a TAT of 20) get done and shipped in 4 business days and the Unlimited still there after 5. Not that I'm complaining that the Moderns have shipped and I know the times are estimates, just curious.

That's a good point. I didn't cross-reference the TATs.