• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: THIS BLASTED THREAD IS CLOSED!
10 10

326 posts in this topic

Zoom Comics nn
One Shot.

Looks solid at first glance, but the  CF has a tear at the single staple, and the RH leaf of the CF
must've hung out of the book for a while, there are several small pieces out of the RH edge.
General wear and large light  dogears FC, good gloss, white pages. Color ad BC featuring
Captain Marvel, Cap Junior, and Hoppy the Marvel Bunny for Mechanics Illustrated. 

Asking $50

ZOOMnn.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Fantastic Four 53
Second app Black Panther

Flat, tight, clean glossy, offwhite pages. Minor general wear, and both covers have a yellowing halo around the perimeter.
One cool aside, this came to me with  clear plastic backing board,  YOU CAN SEE THE BACK COVER WHILE IT'S STILL IN THE BAG!
Cool concept, I wonder if they'll catch on. 

Asking $150

FF53.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Secret Love 4
Ajax, 1957

Cover slightly miscut, see the scan for that white sliver of cover along the upper RH edge. 
Otherwise flat, clean, tight, glossy, white pages. Just a touch of general wear.

Yours for $50

SECRETLOVE4.jpg

Oboy! Ditko Charlton!

Outer Space 19 
Two stories  by ol' Steverino. 

Very light sub crease FC, barely breaks the ink. Touch of general wear. Otherwise flat, clean, glossy, tight, white pages

Asking $40

OUTERSPACE19.jpg

Love Lessons #1
Silver metallic cover, Love *Letters* in the indicia.
Someone tried to convince me this was a Bill Ward cover, I have my doubts, :D 

Flat and tight, good gloss, white pages, with a bit of general wear, and a hint of rust on the staples, no migration.

Asking $100

LOVELESSONS1.jpg

World's Finest 120

Lower spine split halfway up. 

Nice reader for $5  SOLD!

WORLDSFINEST120.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Four Color 115
Little Lulu

Some spine roll, dogears both RH corners FC, bit of general wear. Touch of light soiling BC. Tight, offwhite - white pages

Yours for $40

LULUFC115.jpg

AHA! Last book of the evening, time for the other Big Enchilada.

Blue Ribbon Comics 16
Origin and 1st appearance of Captain Flag. 

Old tape repair along entire spine, otherwise flat and tight, bit of gloss left, offwhite pages. 
Dealers I talk with all seem to agree, this title is the scarcest of the MLJ titles, it's an occasion
when I get my hands on one of these issues. 

Asking $850, FIRM  SOLD!

BLUERIBBON16.jpg

Edited by catrick339

All right Gang, that's it for the evening.
I'll be back tomorrow, with the last stack of the thread.  Wednesday is for picking the carcass, 
invoices will go out that evening. 

Hope to see you tomorrow,

Yeah, I'll tease a couple books. 
All New Comics 5
Wow Comics #1
One last Burroughs pulp. 

See you tomorrow!

On 5/15/2023 at 7:02 PM, catrick339 said:

AHA! Last book of the evening, time for the other Big Enchilada.

Blue Ribbon Comics 16
Origin and 1st appearance of Captain Flag. 

Old tape repair along entire spine, otherwise flat and tight, bit of gloss left, offwhite pages. 
Dealers I talk with all seem to agree, this title is the scarcest of the MLJ titles, it's an occasion
when I get my hands on one of these issues. 

Asking $850, FIRM

BLUERIBBON16.jpg

Take it

Goooood MORNING! 

Here's a handful to tide you over to this evening's Grand Finale. 

Forbidden Worlds 27

Light water, bit of rubbing along lower edge FC, somewhat larger light water cross lower edge BC.
Otherwise flat and tight, glossy, white pages

Yours for $50

FORBIDDEN27.jpg

Young Men 18

General wear, small tear LH edge BC, tear upper edge BC. Tight, glossy, offwhite - white pages

Asking $25

YOUNGMEN18.jpg

Tales To Astonish 6

Pretty severe Marel chipping RH edge FC, small tear lower edge BC. Some general wear. Staples are rusty with a bit of migration.
Flat, tight, good gloss, white pages

Asking $90

TTA6.jpg

Our Army At War 80

Split lower spine with small tear into BC, some general wear. Flat, tight, clean, glossy, white pages
Grab an issue before that bully Sgt. Rock and his gang of hooligans force everybody else out of the title!

Asking $20

OOAW80.jpg

Howdy Gang! 
Tonight is the last push, and there's going to be an interruption. I'm listing until 9 PM, then I'm taking off an hour to
watch the season finale of The Curse of Oak Island. I'll be back at 10 to continue to the end. 

Let's get started!

All New Comics 5
Classic Schomburg cover, with Our Heroes fighting the deadly Japanese Suicide Bombers.

Book displays well, but there are tape repairs along the entire spine, and more inside the FC and BC. Light water stain upper LH BC. 
There is a tear next to the tape upper LH BC. Flat and tight enough, some gloss left, white pages. 

Asking $500,  FIRM

ALLNEW5.jpg