• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: THIS BLASTED THREAD IS CLOSED!
10 10

326 posts in this topic

Howdy Gang! 
Any early birds out there? 

I'm starting a new thread to thin the herd a little.  Posting a handful this AM, if all goes well today with miscellaneous chores I'll be back
this evening with a nice stack. If not tomorrow SURE!

Mixed grille this time around, with a sizzle of  Golden Age, Silver, Bronze, pulps, a couple oddball magazines, and mebbe a piece of art or two.
Somehow ALL  the piles  keep growing, :D 

First off,  however.

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$10.00  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$17.00 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
$17.00 for slabs, double boxed,  shipped Priority. 

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER GREATLY PREFERRED, I despise paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/196720-catrick339-nuff-said/#comments

Here we go!

Jumbo Comics 11, 1942
Hey, it says so,  right on the front cover! In ink, yet. BOLD. WIDE. I'm guessing calligraphy pen or early marker. Old tape along spine and elsewhere
FC, several bonus staples through FC, book, and at one time, back cover, although they now end on the last page.  More tape BC. More
marker, highlighting the contents lower RH BC in the area where Charles Atlas has a coupon to send him money, lol 
Small neat note in the margins at beginning of each story identifying the artist.  Oh, did I mention the spine roll?

Listen, this is a low grade but tight copy of an early issue, which displays well despite the  flaws. 
It's twelve years older than me,  I wish *I* displayed this well, lollol 

Overstreet G is well over $200, asking $175 for a solid  reader.  SOLD!

JUMBO11.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Millie the Model 26

Touch of Marv...umm, ATLAS chipping RH edge FC, touch of spuine roll, some soiling FC and to a lesser amount BC, dogears 
lower RH FC, good sized dogear lower LH BC. Tight enough,  bit of gloss left, crem - offwhite pages. 

Asking $40  SOLD!

MILLIE26.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Adventure V81 #6
March 1, 1932

First of several nice pulps this thread, and this one is a beauty. 
Flat, square, tight,  good gloss, minimal wear, spine strip fully intact, offwhite pages. 
There is a large  light water stain upper BC, and a smaller one FC that may not show in scan,   and a good sized dogear lower  BC. 

Displays beautifully, has stories by Talbot Mundy and....
Malcolm Wheeler Nicholson, father of American comic books with new content, founder of DC Comics.

Asking $60

ADVENTURE81N6.jpg

Fantastic Four Annual 2

Best of the early Doctor Doom stories in my humble opinion.

Old owner stamp FC, and the back cover is gone entirely. FC still attached between the staples, loose at both ends.

Nice reader for $30  SOLD!

FFANN2.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Laugh Comics 41

Small triangular piece out of Mr. Lodge's robe FC, smaller still piece out of page 1, doesn't touch art.
Some general wear, touch of spine roll, chip out upper edge BC. Tight, bit of gloss left, offwhite pages

Yours for $30 SOLD!

LAUGH41.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 5/9/2023 at 5:03 AM, catrick339 said:

Howdy Gang! 
Any early birds out there? 

I'm starting a new thread to thin the herd a little.  Posting a handful this AM, if all goes well today with miscellaneous chores I'll be back
this evening with a nice stack. If not tomorrow SURE!

Mixed grille this time around, with a sizzle of  Golden Age, Silver, Bronze, pulps, a couple oddball magazines, and mebbe a piece of art or two.
Somehow ALL  the piles  keep growing, :D 

First off,  however.

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$10.00  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$17.00 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
$17.00 for slabs, double boxed,  shipped Priority. 

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER GREATLY PREFERRED, I despise paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/196720-catrick339-nuff-said/#comments

Here we go!

Jumbo Comics 11, 1942
Hey, it says so,  right on the front cover! In ink, yet. BOLD. WIDE. I'm guessing calligraphy pen or early marker. Old tape along spine and elsewhere
FC, several bonus staples through FC, book, and at one time, back cover, although they now end on the last page.  More tape BC. More
marker, highlighting the contents lower RH BC in the area where Charles Atlas has a coupon to send him money, lol 
Small neat note in the margins at beginning of each story identifying the artist.  Oh, did I mention the spine roll?

Listen, this is a low grade but tight copy of an early issue, which displays well despite the  flaws. 
It's twelve years older than me,  I wish *I* displayed this well, lollol 

Overstreet G is well over $200, asking $175 for a solid  reader. 

JUMBO11.jpg

:takeit:

On 5/9/2023 at 5:20 AM, catrick339 said:

Fantastic Four Annual 2

Best of the early Doctor Doom stories in my humble opinion.

Old owner stamp FC, and the back cover is gone entirely. FC still attached between the staples, loose at both ends.

Nice reader for $30

FFANN2.jpg

Take

On 5/9/2023 at 5:08 AM, catrick339 said:

Millie the Model 26

Touch of Marv...umm, ATLAS chipping RH edge FC, touch of spuine roll, some soiling FC and to a lesser amount BC, dogears 
lower RH FC, good sized dogear lower LH BC. Tight enough,  bit of gloss left, crem - offwhite pages. 

Asking $40

MILLIE26.jpg

Take

On 5/9/2023 at 5:25 AM, catrick339 said:

Laugh Comics 41

Small triangular piece out of Mr. Lodge's robe FC, smaller still piece out of page 1, doesn't touch art.
Some general wear, touch of spine roll, chip out upper edge BC. Tight, bit of gloss left, offwhite pages

Yours for $30

LAUGH41.jpg

take for 30

Jumbo 11 is SOLD!

Thanks goldinacase!

FF Annual 2 is SOLD!
Millie 26 is SOLD!

Thanks gun!

Laugh 41 is SOLD!

Thanks rdp collectibles!

Well, scans are finished, and I've put up a lot consisting of Gil Kane and Jim Starlin Warlocks over in the DJPINKPANTHER thread. 
Check it out. 

Time to get started!

The Gumps #2
No indicia anywhere in the book, so I'm guessing that this is the #2 issue from 1947
Whiff of stacking roll, bit of general wear, chip out upper spine, tiny chip out lower edge LH BC.
Tight, pretty clean, offwhite pages.

Asking $15  SOLD!

GUMPS2.jpg

Edited by catrick339

G. I. Combat 71

Flat tight copy, good gloss, white pages. Bit of general wear along spine, light soiling along RH edge BC. Couple teensy chips out.

Asking $40

GICOMBAT71.jpg

Partridge Family #1

Sharp copy, tight, flat, clean, glossy, white pages. Very minor general wear, a small crease RH edge near Danny Bonaduce's hand, 
barely breaks color. That odd light corner lower RH appears to be printed, I'm guessing a flaw in the original photograph. 

Asaking $40

PARTRIDGE1.jpg

Dark Shadows 2
Woo woo, Barnabas Collins photo cover!

Nice midgrade, slight stacking roll, some general wear, tiny dogear lower RH FC, tiny chip out lower LH BC.
Tight, good gloss, white pages

Asking $25

DARKSHADOWS2.jpg

Detective Comics 395
Neal Adams cover and art 

Pulled lower staple, small tear with dangling chad upper edge BC, small tape pull BC, touch of spine roll and bit of general wear.
Tight, white pages, good gloss.

Asking $25

TEC395.jpg