• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: THIS BLASTED THREAD IS CLOSED!
10 10

326 posts in this topic

Super Magician V3 #9

Oddball flaw on this copy, a tiny corner off most upper RH corners inside. You can baaaarely see the missing
corner upper RH  FC, they get a little larger for the next several leaves, and then just quit before the end of the book.
The last several pages and the BC are intact. I'm guessing a production flaw, but your mileage may vary. 
As for the rest of the book, it's flat, tight, clean, bit of gloss left, white pages. A sharp copy...with a bunch of tiny corners missing, lol 

Asking $125

SUPERMAGICV3N9.jpg

Pulp Time!

Stirring Science Stories V1 #1
February 1941
Stories by James Blish, Damon Knight, Clark Ashton Smith, A. Merritt, poem by Robert E. Howard.

General wear, large light dogear upper RH FC, couple tears Lh edge BC. Ink name on page 1, bit more ink
(and the same sig) on BC. All that said, it's tight, square, nice interior with cream - offwhite pages.

Asking $50 SOLD!

STIRRINGPULP1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Our Army At War 52

Whiff of general wear, tiny spot of distributer overspray upper LH BC. That's about it.
Flat, clean, glossy, tight,  white pages.

Asking $40

OAAW52.jpg

Jimmy Durante 2

Rough reader. Tape, tears, corner off lower RH FC, small pieces out spine BC. Tight enough, white pages.
Oh, did I mention the pencil scribble in the logo? How about the small tears interior? :D 

Asking $10  SOLD!

JIMMYD2.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Ooh, big ol' 50's squarebound! and precode horror to boot!

Strange Terrors 7
St. Johns hundred pager. 

Chip out upper and lower LH FC,  light water stain upper RH BC. Chip out RH edge FC, and this book could use a press, there's
a light wave center FC. Spine cocked a bit, and there's a light sub-thpe crease vertical through most of the FC. 
With all  that said, it's still a nice looking book, displays well, with decent gloss, tight spine, offwhite - white pages. 

Yours for $200

STRANGETERRORS7.jpg

On 5/10/2023 at 8:10 PM, catrick339 said:

Jimmy Durante 2

Rough reader. Tape, tears, corner off lower RH FC, small pieces out spine BC. Tight enough, white pages.
Oh, did I mention the pencil scribble in the logo? How about the small tears interior? :D 

Asking $10

JIMMYD2.jpg

take for 10

Ooh, big ol' 50's squarebound! and precode crime to boot!

Authentic Police Cases 26 
St. Johns hundred pager. 
Called out in Overstreet as "Transvestite issue"

Light water stain along RH edge FC, smaller stain upper LH BC. Interior is nice, white pages, with minimal bleedthrough
from the BC stain onto a couple pages. Flat and tight,  displays nicely. 

Asking $75  SOLD!

AUTHENTIC26.jpg

Edited by catrick339

All right,  last book for the evening. I'm quitting a little early, but I spent all day hauling and burning brush, 
my eyes are bothering me.
I'll post the last five books tomorrow as Early Birds. Or Brunch Birds, lollol 

Fantastic Four 44
Another from the Lee/Kirby heyday!

Couple small tears lower edge FC, general wear,  several small water spots lower FC. Interior is nice, tight with white pages.

Grab a nice looking reader for $20

FF44.jpg

On 5/10/2023 at 6:23 PM, catrick339 said:

Ooh, big ol' 50's squarebound! and precode crime to boot!

Authentic Police Cases 26 
St. Johns hundred pager. 
Called out in Overstreet as "Transvestite issue"

Light water stain along RH edge FC, smaller stain upper LH BC. Interior is nice, white pages, with minimal bleedthrough
from the BC stain onto a couple pages. Flat and tight,  displays nicely. 

Asking $75

AUTHENTIC26.jpg

Take it

All righty!

On The Spot 
Fall 1948, Fawcett one shot. 

Flat and clean enough, but lower staple is pulled, upper staple hanging on by a thread, small tear and chip upper spine. 
Both staples rusty, lower one has a touch of migration. Some general wear.  Quite a list!  And in spite of it all it displays very well,
and the interior is nice, tight with cream - offwhite pages. 

Asking $75

ONTHESPOTnn.jpg

Popular Comics 143

Rough reader, with misc chips and  corners out, missing the CF to boot

FREE with the NEXT sale, just claim it!

POPULAR114.jpg

Strange Tales 8 
Cool Bill Everett cover. 

Tape repairs along RH edge inside FC, 1 x 1/2 triangular  piece out lower edge BC, general wear. One tear inside, barely gets
into one panel. Flat, glossy, tight, offwhite - white pages. Displays pretty well, would improve nicely with a press.

Yours for $180

STRANGETALES8.jpg

Romantic Marriage 23
Matt Baker!

Kinda rough, with water stain RH edge, tape along the entire spine, and a couple small pieces out near the spine LH FC,
small corner off lower RH FC. But all the mayhem is on the perimeter, the main cover art is still a gorgeous Mat  Baker cover.
Interior is tight with white pages, but there are bits of foxing here and there, especially page 1, but nearly all of the artwork is clean and clear. Upper staple rusty with a bit of migration. 
Listen up, it's a rough reader that displays quite nicely. Where else you gonna find a Matt Baker romance for under a hundred bucks?

Asking $50  SOLD!

ROMANTIC23.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Pulp Time!

Amazing Stories V1 #12, March 1927
Part 2 of The Land That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs

Front cover displays nicely, back cover has some issues. Jagged 1 x 3 hole near LH edge, tape repairs, plenty of 
chipping along upper edge, light water stains across most of the cover. Last page has some staining and  couple small holes, 
in one of the letters to the editor. 
Balance of the issue is solid,  cream to tan supple pages. 
Juuust too wide to fit on my scanner, the RH edge is slightly cropped in the image,  but it's sharp and straight in hand. 
Also included,  A. Merritt story,  H G Wells reprint

Asking $50  SOLD!

AMAZINGPULP.jpg

Edited by catrick339