• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOP POP?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I ran some of my CGC certifications numbers through the verification search and I had few books that came up with the top pop and 0 in higher. Does that really add any extra value to book or just simply means the highest in grade? Thanks to anyone that can help with the questions.

It depends on the book, the pool of buyers for that specific book, and the condition grade and appearance of your "top-census" copy.  There is no set formula.  Personally, I'd never ask for or pay a premium for a 4.0 VG book, just because it's the top-census copy.  Other collectors may not agree.

If you share specifics about your chart-topping books (including images), you'll probably receive more targeted and useful opinions.  :foryou:

On 5/9/2023 at 10:04 PM, Cman429 said:

I deal in trading cards on the side and it’s funny but POP 4 or whatever is a big selling point in that community but as far as I’ve seen comic people don’t seem to care about it 

In the past, buyers have spent a lot of money for highest graded copies of key books, only to see that premium immediately disappear when equivalent or better copies showed up on the census. Buyers may not be so willing to pay up these days.

There is also the example of the Hulk 181 9.9 that suffered from shaken comic syndrome and has no chance at being regraded as such. 

On 5/9/2023 at 9:04 PM, Cman429 said:

I deal in trading cards on the side and it’s funny but POP 4 or whatever is a big selling point in that community but as far as I’ve seen comic people don’t seem to care about it 

"Nobody else is dumb enough to submit this worthless trash!"

Seems like a great selling point to me. (shrug)

I think it does add value, but also you have nothing to compare it to....so it's hard to know.

On 5/10/2023 at 2:23 PM, Ryan. said:

There is also the example of the Hulk 181 9.9 that suffered from shaken comic syndrome and has no chance at being regraded as such. 

On 5/10/2023 at 4:23 PM, Ryan. said:

In the past, buyers have spent a lot of money for highest graded copies of key books

Buy the book not the number on the label

On 5/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, Lazyboy said:

"Nobody else is dumb enough to submit this worthless trash!"

Seems like a great selling point to me. (shrug)

Buh buh buh what about my Little Stooges #7?  I should be rewarded for my stupidity in submitting with a pile o'cash large enough to retire!

PS i did submit one but as i say far too often I dont sell comics

Edited by MAR1979