• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Mixed Silver and Bronze period: foreign editions, magazines, unusual items
4 4

20 posts in this topic

A sale of mixed books, mostly Silver and Bronze period: foreign editions, magazines, unusual items.

IMPORTANT: As many of you know, I am based in Italy. Postage costs for Registered are high, so this time I will try to offer a flat rate (at my cost).
I am also offering Priority (which is not trackable) just to people which I already know and I'm acquainted with and with the agreed upon condition that if the packages get lost we have no means to check it and split the loss (as Jim has been doing). Both methods have more or less the same transit times: 12-15 working days to USA/Americas, or less.
I would just ask a minimum purchase of $20 to offset costs. Not mandatory, but will be appreciated. :)

Tracked methods (Registered and Poste Delivery International):
$19 up to 1kg (roughly 8-10 US books, less if they are heavy)

$25 up to 3kg

Priority (not trackable):
$13 up to 1kg (roughly 8-10 US books, less if they are heavy)

$20 up to 2kg

You can find my kudos thread here.

Rules: The first :takeit: (icon or text) in thread wins. You can purchase by PM but at your own risk – I will go by time stamp.

Payment methods accepted: Paypal. Please no people on the HoS or Probation list.

Return policy: I do not offer returns as it would be impractical cost-wise from here, but in the unfortunate case I missed something drastic we will discuss. :)

Thanks for looking! :)

Edited by vaillant

Tomb of Dracula #10 (French edition)
This is the first 4 Francs French edition by Aredit, 1975.
Black and White, pocket sized. Now getting pretty scarce.

• First appearance of Blade the vampire slayer in France
• Book also contains Adventure into Fear #20-21-22 (first Morbius in his own series)
• Published in the pocket b/w series "Dracula.
• Book also contains: Kull the Conqueror #7, Werewolf by Night #4.

VGFN - $200

iNU9O2A.jpg

kjBEnPj.jpg

NpedKFI.jpg

zhbtOC0.jpg

pPeGa1e.jpg

G93K0Uu.jpg

Fantastic Four #10 (Italian edition)
Editoriale Corno, June 1971

Italian edition of Fantastic Four #10 and #11. It does include the original stickers (including a cool Dr. Doom one), in gorgeous condition but detached from the book.
Small pen sribble on top back cover (see picture).
For the full contents, see here: https://www.comicsbox.it/albo/F4_C1_007

Copy in wonderful state for the average of italian books. Paper is very fresh.

NM- - $140

tMXOIYZ.jpg

QQ19Isj.jpg

Opa6Qfq.jpg

Fantastic Four #6, 7 (Italian edition)
Editoriale Corno, May 1971

First Italian edition of Fantastic Four #6-7 (1st Doctor Doom and Sub-Mariner team-up, 1st appearance of Kurrgo).
For details, see here: https://www.comicsbox.it/albo/F4_C1_004.
Copy in exceptional state for the average italian books. Paper is white and fresh. It’s extremely difficult to find Italian editions in these grades.
NOTE: The original stickers coming with the book are NOT present.

NM- - $110 $90

QTYOe40.jpg
cNn5hC6.jpg

Edited by vaillant
PRICE CUT

Vengadores #89 (Supplement edition) - La Prensa

This is one of the very rare supplements of Mexican La Prensa books which were offered with the newspaper. It’s the equivalent of Tales to Astonish #85.
Much poor editions, larger than comic book size and roughly cut, the supplements came without a cover, with poor, almost b&w printing.

VG range - $95

zBCb6xI.jpg

7BA2CbY.jpg

Al0zrR5.jpg

ehVxuSz.jpg

Ywa1zeK.jpg

Howard the Duck - 1st Italian appearance in "Eureka"
Editoriale Corno, 1976

• First Howard the Duck in Italy.
• In antologic magazine "Eureka" with "Death Frog", second episode from Man-Thing Annual #4 (the cover uses artwork from Howard the Duck #1, but #1 was published later on).
NOTE: The original stickers which originally came with the book are NOT present.

VGFN - $45 $39

Ub8cYdw.jpg

cvDsJcD.jpg

Edited by vaillant
PRICE CUT

Marvel Feature #1, 2 (Italian Edition)
Editoriale Corno, 1973

First Italian edition of the Defenders debut. The book has the original poster that originally came with it, in nice shape, but not the sticker.
See here for full contents: https://www.comicsbox.it/albo/ASE_C_001

FN+ - $110

SXYBZkk.jpg
OHbjEtL.jpg
zE4bwu5.jpg
6nhidKx.jpg
L2Dw9By.jpg
YAbqwJp.jpg

Fantastic Four - Commemorative Italian edition
Panini Comics, 2018

This book came with a metal plate reproducing the cover. It is also the first instance when the original cover was used with an accurate adaptation of the logo in Italian.
Still shrinkwrapped on its original cardboard as it was distributed in newsstands. Book and plate are about NM, cardboard has wear and creases as it can be seen in the pictures.

$100

dz5qNxd.jpg

QRrp6Gb.jpg

Defenders #4 - Italian Edition
Editoriale Corno, 1974

This one came out in the same, antologic series of the Marvel Feature I am offering. Since the series started following the "picture frame" design Marvel had adopted at the time, when Corno had to publish books which were not picture frame, they turned them into this fashion.
The book does not come with the original poster and sticker but it is in nice shape for the technical grade.

FN- - $20

2kyxEAS.jpg
xgfnXVS.jpg

Eureka #6
Editoriale Corno, 1978

Stan Lee and Spider-Man newspaper strip features. The magazine includes articles on the Spidey newspaper strip, an analysis of Spider-Man character and a profile of Stan Lee written by Luciano Secchi. Stan Lee photo cover.

VGFN/FN- - $30

U2c349O.jpg
AKbtWgr.jpg
22w3fNK.jpg
Dhc06ss.jpg
CoqwwVy.jpg

back cover:

Spoiler

Fz9HNrc.jpg

Fantastic Four #5 - Italian edition
in "Provolinus" (special supplement to the magazine "Linus")
Milano Libri, 1967

Italian edition of Fantastic Four #5 (first appearance of Doctor Doom).
This is the very first Italian edition, published in black and white a great adaptation (both graphically and in terms of translation) and with amazing printing quality within the Linus supplement "Provolinus" in 1967 (see pictures).
Very nice midgrade copy of this beautiful early Italian key, downgraded for some chipping on spine.
Overall presents a lot better than the stated technical grade.

This is a super-cool book, if you are into collecting foreign editions — get it while it's still affordable. :)

VGFN - $125 $110

yFLmwDo.jpg
ywnEgWC.jpg
TfERux2.jpg

CTZNf6q.jpg

LiDR3aX.jpg

SyTymC6.jpg

uIE2Ize.jpg

SehUcTQ.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Osamu Tezuka - Nextworld #1-2 (First US Edition)
(来るべき世界, Kitarubeki Sekai)
Dark Horse, 2003

«Created in a time when the Cold War was becoming hotter, Nextworld is Osamu Tezuka's parody of the tense relationship between the USA (represented as the 'Nation of Stars') and USSR (known in the work as the 'Uran Federation'). The main storyline focuses on atomic tests that create a race of mutant animals known as Fumoon, with psychic powers and intelligence beyond humans, who formulate a plan to evacuate hundreds of animals and a small group of people off the planet Earth. The reason for this is due to a large toxic cloud approaching the Earth, threatening to wipe out all life. Meanwhile, the two warring superpowers draw closer and closer to a confrontation. […]
Next World is the last of Osamu Tezuka's early epic science fiction trilogy, consisting of Lost World (1948), Metropolis (1949) and Next World (1951).»

NM - $60 for both volumes

ARuZCCV.jpg PIVmPfR.jpg

back covers and other pictures: 

Spoiler

5sv5732.jpgZd11HaV.jpg
MFp58VQ.jpge2vwbDN.jpgEE5FeJ3.jpg
n2FvLSF.jpg

Osamu Tezuka - Metropolis (First US Edition)
(メトロポリス, Metoroporisu)
Dark Horse, 2003

«The inspiration for the central character coming from a publicity still of the female robot from Metropolis (even though he had never seen the film or even known what it was about). [?] The setting was based on pre-war Manhattan and Chicago, Emmy and her sister partly from Les Misérables, Michi's powers from Superman (although Tezuka never made the connection between the title of his work and Superman's city), Michi's burning from The Invisible Ray, and Michi's death scene from The Monstrous Fellows of the Country Underground (another Tezuka manga from 1948). [?] The characters Duke Red and Notarlin made their debut in Metropolis, and both of them featured in later works.»

Copy in awesome shape, in my opinion above NM.

NM+ - $65

U1gVwxA.jpgSWx17Wn.jpg

Other pictures:

Spoiler

q3l1AbQ.jpg

cXiRJDw.jpg

Giant-Size X-Men #1 (French Edition)
Éditions Lug, 1981

• First French edition of Giant-Size X-Men #1
• Published in the pocket color series "Special Strange" in 1981
• Custom painted cover designed specifically for France by Jean Frisano with the removal of elements considered "too violent"
or offensive for children (e.g. Wolverine is in the background alone).

FN - $75

sInHqdM.jpg

VtahYce.jpg