• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FedEx Deliveries
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Is there any way to get around having to sign for a low value package from CGC? Seems it should be up to me if I want to take the risk. I have security cameras and sometimes they take a picture and send to me when packages are delivered. I took off today for a delivery and now it has been changed until tomorrow, for somee unknown reason, so I will miss it or have to take another day off. Frustrating..... 

I have many more in the works and not enough free days to cover them. I don't want it delivered to a hub because they are not close to my house.

• Administrator

Unfortunately for security reasons, we do not allow for packages to be delivered without a direct signature. This restriction is in place to prevent from the loss of our customers' collectibles and as a requirement for our shipping insurance provider so all packages are shipped fully insured in case they are lost in transit. I am sorry we can not accommodate this request. 

On 5/16/2023 at 5:23 AM, MattM CS said:

Unfortunately for security reasons, we do not allow for packages to be delivered without a direct signature. This restriction is in place to prevent from the loss of our customers' collectibles and as a requirement for our shipping insurance provider so all packages are shipped fully insured in case they are lost in transit. I am sorry we can not accommodate this request. 

That is a good policy-as long as FedEx honors it. Just yesterday I was expecting a shipment to arrive, followed the tracking and it was to be delivered between 10 AM and 2:30 PM. I work during the day, my wife works nights, so she is home during the day. I had told her to expect a package that she would have to sign for, gave her the updates about tracking and she waited until about 2 PM and texted me that she was going to bed for the day. I checked FedEx tracking about 3 PM and it showed that the package was delivered, so I thought cool, they caught her before she went to bed. I came home around 5 PM to find the package which I had valued at $11,200 sitting in front of my garage, obviously outside and in the open. I woke my wife up and she didn't know about it, so package was delivered without any signature. Luckily nothing happened to it, but I was kind of PO'd that the FedEx driver would do that.

On 5/16/2023 at 1:49 PM, CitrusZ28 said:

That is a good policy-as long as FedEx honors it. Just yesterday I was expecting a shipment to arrive, followed the tracking and it was to be delivered between 10 AM and 2:30 PM. I work during the day, my wife works nights, so she is home during the day. I had told her to expect a package that she would have to sign for, gave her the updates about tracking and she waited until about 2 PM and texted me that she was going to bed for the day. I checked FedEx tracking about 3 PM and it showed that the package was delivered, so I thought cool, they caught her before she went to bed. I came home around 5 PM to find the package which I had valued at $11,200 sitting in front of my garage, obviously outside and in the open. I woke my wife up and she didn't know about it, so package was delivered without any signature. Luckily nothing happened to it, but I was kind of PO'd that the FedEx driver would do that.

There is pros and cons for sure. For $11,200 I would want multiple signatures. :) My delivery guy said he signed and I did not have to and I was out in the yard and could have just as easily been the anyone.

On 5/15/2023 at 1:26 PM, WDBill said:

Is there any way to get around having to sign for a low value package from CGC? Seems it should be up to me if I want to take the risk. I have security cameras and sometimes they take a picture and send to me when packages are delivered. I took off today for a delivery and now it has been changed until tomorrow, for somee unknown reason, so I will miss it or have to take another day off. Frustrating..... 

I have many more in the works and not enough free days to cover them. I don't want it delivered to a hub because they are not close to my house.

I saw this at the Fedex Canada site.. Seems like they are adding new features to their "Manage Deliveries" offering.

image.thumb.png.d7dee8f583d7a868d11bfe7b66b608ae.png

On 5/16/2023 at 10:02 PM, ArcherC said:

I saw this at the Fedex Canada site.. Seems like they are adding new features to their "Manage Deliveries" offering.

image.thumb.png.d7dee8f583d7a868d11bfe7b66b608ae.png

That would be great but I think CGC dictates that it must me signed for with no changes after shipped.