• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the longest series run you collected?
5 5

109 posts in this topic

What's the longest following of issues you have in your collection? 

And second question: what's the longest run you "WANT" to collect a day?

The longest run IN my collection isn't very long at all. But, Back in the mid-90s, I had X-Men 1-300. Considering I lived in a small town in Montana, this was a huge challenge for me to find back issues. But then in my travels on the internet superhighway ($3 for every hour of browsing at 28.8k download speed) I found the comic book bulletin boards, and was able to finish it up in a few months over mail order. It was pretty awesome, but like most things - sold it to fund something else. I miss that run.

Edited by Dr. Balls

If we are only counting actual comics and not omnibuses:

ASM 194-400

Uncanny X Men 170-300

Walking Dead 1-193

Spawn 1-100

Savage Dragon 1-110

Maxx 1-35

Not a run but I do have every book related to Marvel Zombies...probably close to 100 total.

On 5/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, batman_fan said:

Batman 1 to around 620.  I quit buying new stuff and ended my run.  Now I am just upgrading my GA and early SA issues

That’s impressive.

On 5/16/2023 at 5:25 PM, OtherEric said:

Not sure if it counts, since it jumps from title to title over the years.  But I've got every Legion of Super Heroes issue from Adventure Comics #247 to now.

As a LOSH fan myself, that’s also impressive.

Nothing to match anything posted here in my collection.

All I can do is admire.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Long runs can become a real burden. Also where do you draw the line? Take Spider-Man or Batman. Do you just stick with the original title? Detective has over 1,000 issues. Do you also go after the Batman title? Spin-offs and all books that feature the character? Variants?

Could be an off the hook compulsion.

I prefer to “spread the love” buying a lot of different books and characters. Pick out my favorites and call it a day. I love ALL genres. Nice to be able to enjoy different stuff once in a while. This hobby has SO much to offer. 

My ASM run is currently at 50-400 completed. I would love to get that from 1-400 but I acknowledge that to do so I am going to have to stumble upon an undiscovered collection or finally commit to selling other stuff within my collection to get there. I am not at the point yet because every time I think of the 100 or so books I would need to sell to afford ASM #1, I end up feeling sadder about losing 100 solid books than I am about the feeling of acquiring one single ASM issue.

On 5/16/2023 at 12:25 PM, OtherEric said:

Not sure if it counts, since it jumps from title to title over the years.  But I've got every Legion of Super Heroes issue from Adventure Comics #247 to now.

Same.