• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Cities Pedigree Thread

49 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2023 at 2:50 PM, Drummy said:

As a native Minnesotan, I've wanted to keep a Twin Cities book in my collection at all times.  Here it is!

The colors are so pure.

image.thumb.jpeg.6fb38c3dd9f783dc1dae5e8072690288.jpeg

Sweet!!! If I'm not mistaken, Archie Steve owned that book at one time. VERY nice copy of a hard to find book in grade!  :applause:

On 5/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, Rosland said:

Would you know collection size and average quality? Is there an inventory?

I remember bidding on some of the books...

According to Heritage back when the collection was brought to market, they cited 6,000 books.  But I'd think it might have been even larger, going at least as far back as 1959 with a gorgeous Action #252 all the way through the Marvel picture frame era ending in 1973 and maybe beyond.  I don't think the DC collection was nearly as complete as the Marvel one.

https://comics.ha.com/heritage-auctions-press-releases-and-news/new-cgc-recognized-twin-cities-pedigree-highlights-1-000-000-gary-dahlberg-collection-at-heritage-auctions.s?releaseId=1984

Edited by namisgr

On 5/16/2023 at 2:53 PM, namisgr said:

According to Heritage back when the collection was brought to market, they cited 6,000 books.  But I'd think it might have been even larger, going at least as far back as 1959 with a gorgeous Action $252 all the way through the Marvel picture frame era ending in 1973 and maybe beyond.

https://comics.ha.com/heritage-auctions-press-releases-and-news/new-cgc-recognized-twin-cities-pedigree-highlights-1-000-000-gary-dahlberg-collection-at-heritage-auctions.s?releaseId=1984

Thanks for checking into that! That's quite a hefty sum of killer, high grade comics! Makes me dizzy just thinking about grading them all, but in a GOOD way! :ohnoez: