• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Wolverine #1
2 2

13 posts in this topic

The stain will kill you. I'd think of 8.0/8.5 as the optimistic outcome. Usually, they're hard or impossible to remove and the CGC policy is not forgiving. It's a little lucky it's not prominent on the front, b/c then I'd say it wouldn't be a grading candidate.

Stain, corner crunch. Even with a press I don't think it'll go any higher.

Thanks for posting.

I see a tiny residual dot there. Being too thorough with the cleaning always runs the risk of a purple label if they detect something "illegal". It's smaller than the little spot on my recently returned SW32, so I'd say 9.0

I can see this getting a 8.5, maaybee a 9.0. Some months back I sent in a X-Men #141 that I thought it should have graded in the 9.4+ range. It came back an 8.5 because of the tiniest stain on the FC. I knew it was there but it was so miniscule that I didn't think it would take such a hit. I say this because I think sometimes people may think we're being harsh, but we're just speaking from experience. Still a good looking book, especially for a newstand👍

In my experience CGC is really tough with this book. I think you are likely to land at an 8.0 maybe an 8.5. If you get higher then that be very happy. Nice book to have. Thanks for posting.