• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POSSIBLE AUTOGRAPHED WALKING DEAD COMIC BY CHANDLER RIGGS
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I’d say go on eBay and compare against other signatures you find 

if you want official verification or authentication there are professional companies who will do that for a fee.  Not cgc.  

I do agree it doesn’t look printed

Edited by revat

That looks like how he signed it 12+ years ago in looking at CGC SS books for sale on ebay with his signature on it.

Then, he started signing his name differently.  I got this one from him 9 years ago which compares similarly to other CGC SS signatures of his less than 12 years ago, also found on ebay.

He is only 23, so maybe he changed his autograph style after he learned cursive?  :wink:

image.thumb.jpeg.f34235a94af0948d24b669947845cb3e.jpeg

On 5/19/2023 at 12:08 AM, DELTA 62 said:

That looks like how he signed it 12+ years ago in looking at CGC SS books for sale on ebay with his signature on it.

Then, he started signing his name differently.  I got this one from him 9 years ago which compares similarly to other CGC SS signatures of his less than 12 years ago, also found on ebay.

He is only 23, so maybe he changed his autograph style after he learned cursive?  :wink:

image.thumb.jpeg.f34235a94af0948d24b669947845cb3e.jpeg

I was able to find this but I think your right this seems like a pretty old signature possibly from when he was a kid

F86AE613-2236-44C7-8A93-B9E3324CBE97.png

On 5/19/2023 at 1:50 PM, RazzBarry said:

I was able to find this but I think your right this seems like a pretty old signature possibly from when he was a kid

Well... when he signed my book, he was around 14 years old.  So, he was a kid then too.  :wink:

I see, by chance do you know if theres someone i can show this to or give this to to tell me if its real? Like if i were to go to a local comic store would they be able to do that? i dont really collect i just read so im not too knowledgeable about this i just found this at a second hand store lol. any help would be appreciated!:)

I don't think you should bother as if you brought it to 10 shops, 3 may say yes, 3 may say no and the rest, they don't know. The only way to be sure is to ask Chandler himself or give it to an expert. Based on the autographed pic in one of the posts, it does look like his. I would say just assume the signature is legit and enjoy it. 

On 5/19/2023 at 5:30 PM, RazzBarry said:

I see, by chance do you know if theres someone i can show this to or give this to to tell me if its real? Like if i were to go to a local comic store would they be able to do that? i dont really collect i just read so im not too knowledgeable about this i just found this at a second hand store lol. any help would be appreciated!:)

Just google “celebrity signature authentication” I’m sure you’ll come up with no shortage of professional service providers.  
do a bit of research to check reputation, and there you go.

but I gotta say you’re spending A LOT OF TIME on a book worth MAYBE $20