• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Do It Yourself Slabbing
2 2

6 posts in this topic

They're pretty nice. Did my own for a TMNT #1 3rd print signed and sketched by Eastman and Laird, since at the time, there was no way to get a magazine sized book graded and authenticated.

unnamed.jpg

Edited by Hulksdaddy1

Seeing as how I could gouge my own eyes out and still do a better job at quality control.......some of the advantages of slabbing books myself are:

• The book will be right side up.
  • There will be no plastic shards in the slab.
  • The book will not be damaged in the slabbing process.
  • The label will be correct.
  • There will be no newton rings.
  • There will be no scuffs on the inner well.
  • No fighting to get defects that are not my fualt corrected.
  • The book and/or slab won't get damaged in shipping back to me.

Hard to believe this isn’t a satire of slabbing!  Sure as a rigid holder it’s fine.  But “grade your own book” has absolutely zero meaning to anyone but yourself. But maybe you’re a dealer, and want a buyer to know details about the book plus your grade.  However you’re a dealer selling raw books, not slabs.  Raw books in rigid holders costing 20 bucks more. it’s cleaner than a Mylar with a sticker… but much more expensive, heavier bulkier and takes up way more space.  Nice video though.