• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alaqua Cox signing

6 posts in this topic

Hello SS fans,

I am not a fan of SS but I was used to have many signed books by Stan Lee, Joe Simon, Frank Frazetta, Joe Kubert, William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy and many others like Michael Golden (last one 2018 with Russ Heath).

It's kinda cool to have Alaqua Cox signing the books. She is deaf like me but I am not sure if it's worthy to have her signing my key issues (DD #9-11).  She never acts in her life until she got a big role in Hawkeye and Daredevil as Echo. I am the part-time actor too but I spent 45 years in acting and never got any big screen or on Broadway. She considerably was very lucky to land a big role but how long will she be in the movie industry?  Lauren Ridloff who is a deaf actress had two big roles in 9th season of Walking Dead and Eternals. She is a veteran actress but her name isn't bigger not even CGC invited her for SS. Her name is forgotten quickly. I don't mind to have David W. Mack signing my book. He is well-known comic book artist for sure.  It would be great to have both Alaqua Cox and Mack signing my book. I don't know how often do we see Mack signing the books - I don't recall if he ever signs books.

Maybe it's one time opportunity for Alaqua Cox.

Should I go ahead to have her signing mine then wait for Mack is available to sign my book (it has to crack the case and I have to pay it again) or just leave them alone. 

Welcome your opinions here.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/11703/Alaqua-Cox-CGC-Signing/

On 5/19/2023 at 7:20 PM, JollyComics said:

Hello SS fans,

I am not a fan of SS but I was used to have many signed books by Stan Lee, Joe Simon, Frank Frazetta, Joe Kubert, William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy and many others like Michael Golden (last one 2018 with Russ Heath).

It's kinda cool to have Alaqua Cox signing the books. She is deaf like me but I am not sure if it's worthy to have her signing my key issues (DD #9-11).  She never acts in her life until she got a big role in Hawkeye and Daredevil as Echo. I am the part-time actor too but I spent 45 years in acting and never got any big screen or on Broadway. She considerably was very lucky to land a big role but how long will she be in the movie industry?  Lauren Ridloff who is a deaf actress had two big roles in 9th season of Walking Dead and Eternals. She is a veteran actress but her name isn't bigger not even CGC invited her for SS. Her name is forgotten quickly. I don't mind to have David W. Mack signing my book. He is well-known comic book artist for sure.  It would be great to have both Alaqua Cox and Mack signing my book. I don't know how often do we see Mack signing the books - I don't recall if he ever signs books.

Maybe it's one time opportunity for Alaqua Cox.

Should I go ahead to have her signing mine then wait for Mack is available to sign my book (it has to crack the case and I have to pay it again) or just leave them alone. 

Welcome your opinions here.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/11703/Alaqua-Cox-CGC-Signing/

Jolly 

you may have answered your own question when you say it may be a one time opportunity to have Cox sign your book

I have never seen the D+ Hawkeye series but I would think that if she has any staying power there would be the chance for other opportunities in the future

it is a feel good story that she landed the role and it sounds like you can relate with her as you share some commonality 

As for Mack, I searched the CGC news stories and I don't believe he has ever done a CGC in house signing but that isn't to say he won't ever do one in the future.  I know having seen videos that he regularly  signs at conventions, so if there was one you would be able to attend with a CGC witness on hand there would be a chance to have his sig added to an already signed book while maintaining the yellow label 

I can't answer if $125+ for her signature is worth it to you .... all I can say is do what is within your means and what makes you happy

I have a number of SS books displayed in my collection because it makes me happy to look at them

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 5/19/2023 at 9:52 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

I can't answer if $125+ for her signature is worth it to you .... all I can say is do what is within your means and what makes you happy

That price is baffling me.  I understood Todd McFarlane charged $125 per book and he is a celebrity and comic book legend but Alaqua has only two movies. Do you know she has a prosthetic leg?  I am not sure if she will be famous in future. 

The sales of Todd McFarlane signed books are doing well for years.  The sales of DD Vol 2 #9 is significantly dropping in between 58% to 65% for 9.4 to 9.8 copies since 2021. Both 9.4 and 9.6 are less than $125 signing. I think she may not see many books are available for her signing. It may be her only appearance at CGC.  It's still questionable but there is no question about Todd McFarlane's signing.  I had him signed my books for only $35 per book back in 2016 - pretty cheaper (I had him signing my three ASM 300 copies).  I paid Stan Lee's $80-100 per book and sold them all with handsome profit. I did same thing with Neal Adams' signature on my books. I wished I would keep some but I moved on.

I still have 6 Michael Bendis signature Jinx Torso books (full run series). All are 9.4 and 9.6.  Torso movie was supposed to be filmed in Cleveland in late 90's but it was dropped twice. How ironic! Todd McFarlane Production revived it and will plan to air on the TV show but it never happened. David Fincher came and insisted to direct it under the same production company. Nothing happened so I buried my signed books in the closest since 2009. His signature was only $25 per book. I bought all copies off the shelf.  Not expensive at all.

$125 per book is extremely expensive. Recently, I backed off Todd McFarlane's signature for my two Spawn #1 (no newsstand edition). The value of my DD books is declining.   I think I have answered on my own.

I wished her signing cost is lower but that's CGC's way.

On 5/19/2023 at 11:01 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

"celebrity"/actor signings tend to run higher ... guess they have better agents 

Todd can more than make up for his $125/book in volume comparatively

I agreed with you. Todd already has one.