• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor City Comic Con (Brief) Report

19 posts in this topic

Thanks for the reports and photos guys. Always good to hear what goes on. Seems the bigger the show, the less quality dealers are there. It just doesn’t seem to make good fiscal sense anymore.

I rarely travel to shows anymore but it seems that Heroes and Baltimore were the best of nice GA/SA. Will be interesting to see how they work out. 

I’m not familiar with this show as I haven’t lived in this part of the world long but I’m not that far away on the Canadian side now and I could see myself driving out for the show next year.     Why did the larger dealers stop coming ?    Pinball booth I would have been all over :)

Dale mentioned that Covid forced him to rely on his website and that it has turned into a very stable revenue stream with little overhead, plus he gets more quality time with his family. He did mention missing the social aspect of the shows, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are other examples like him. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 5/21/2023 at 8:00 PM, Shadow said:

I wasn't able to make C2E2 this past Spring and I'm really tempted to drive to Baltimore in September for that show. I've heard great things about it. Comic guest list has some of my favorites still with us like Jose Garcia Lopez, Hildebrant, Arthur Adams, etc. Plus some of the bigger dealers. 

I don't think you'll be disappointed by Baltimore. It's very much a strong, comics-centric show with an old show feel and so many great dealers. I go every year just to buy Golden, Silver and Bronze and great dealers. Very nice show.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:15 AM, Bronty said:

I’m not familiar with this show as I haven’t lived in this part of the world long but I’m not that far away on the Canadian side now and I could see myself driving out for the show next year.     Why did the larger dealers stop coming ?    Pinball booth I would have been all over :)

Don’t drive to this show from Canada…totally not worth your time

On 5/21/2023 at 11:45 AM, electricprune said:

I didn’t get anything from Lange’s this year, but I heard there were some nice, cheap books.

19DBF7C4-9CBA-43F5-8FFD-D68EFA3F9941.jpeg

Wow - I don’t remember him ever having a 75% off sale.  Must have been some nice overall prices in there.  

On 5/22/2023 at 1:48 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Don’t drive to this show from Canada…totally not worth your time

I’m only an hour away so it’s not that bad, but thx