• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you read a comics in the form of a novel?
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2023 at 10:10 AM, BA773 said:

Yeah its strange... its difficult to understand how you can follow the story if you cannot make pictures in your head. I love novels for the liberty that give you to imagine. And love too comics for appreciate the talent of fabulous artist. Ist 2 really different type of art, and i love both.

I can follow it, but in a very clinical, detached manner, which lacks the vibrancy of comics.

On 5/22/2023 at 1:59 AM, Ken Aldred said:

The weird thing is that I’m very good at analysis and comprehension of the written word, but actually constructing a complex, visual image of the environment itself from text, well, I’m quite appalling at it.  I got a top grade in English Literature because of the strength of the former, but it hid a marked deficit in the latter, in retrospect.  

I recall being quite surprised, and surprising someone else, when they said to me that you’re supposed to do this with a novel.  In my head there’s something grey, distant and sterile about any image I attempt to create;  it’s basic, simplistic.  Again, I appreciate the way comic artists can compensate for that shortcoming and bring worlds to life from a ----script.

Free your mind, and the rest will follow.  I'd recommend a Sativa blend.

On 5/21/2023 at 6:32 PM, s-man said:

The short answer is no.  The long answer is...

Reveal hidden contents

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. (tsk)

Comics need artwork, IMHO.

^^

As someone mentioned before, many would say that film is the ultimate medium. Not only do you get the story, but you get visual representation and audio representation (with scores!). It allows creatives to provide you with the most information.

Novels have clearly worked as a storytelling vehicle for a long, long, long time. Comics are capable of taking storytelling to the next level when both the writing and the art are exceptional.

On 5/23/2023 at 2:00 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

^^

As someone mentioned before, many would say that film is the ultimate medium. Not only do you get the story, but you get visual representation and audio representation (with scores!). It allows creatives to provide you with the most information.

Novels have clearly worked as a storytelling vehicle for a long, long, long time. Comics are capable of taking storytelling to the next level when both the writing and the art are exceptional.

Yeah and when is bad its probably the worst because the consumer can save nothing with his imagination  contrary to a novel.

Edited by BA773

On 5/23/2023 at 1:00 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

As someone mentioned before, many would say that film is the ultimate medium. Not only do you get the story, but you get visual representation and audio representation (with scores!). It allows creatives to provide you with the most information

Also, I prefer watching with subtitles.