• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bagley Signing 2023 - no Venom custom label..?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Just noticed that venom is an option for regular submission custom labels, but not for signature series…?

seems odd.

@CGC Mike any chance we could get this added as an option?

Edited by dbcn

• Administrator

This is what I was told:

Custom Labels are licensed through companies who own the characters we put on the label. We are unable to just quickly add a label for customers to purchase. 

Thanks for asking @CGC Mike - I realize that CGC can’t move quickly with the custom labels due to licensing, but I thought it seemed more like an oversight since there already exists a Venom custom label that’s active for the regular submissions. 

Venom-label.png

• Administrator
On 5/30/2023 at 12:48 PM, dbcn said:

Thanks for asking @CGC Mike - I realize that CGC can’t move quickly with the custom labels due to licensing, but I thought it seemed more like an oversight since there already exists a Venom custom label that’s active for the regular submissions.

I presented your entire post to the signature series team, so it wasn't an oversight.  A venom custom label will not be available for this signature series event.  Sorry.

Ironically, I just submitted a Venom Lethal Protector #1 (not signature series) and I selected the custom label. What I don't realize is that it split this into another order and requires a separate handling fee and return shipping. I'm assuming this will happen for every different label I select and will keep this in mind for future orders. I just assumed it would remain one order because they were all modern books I submitted.

• Administrator
On 5/30/2023 at 3:58 PM, grendel013 said:

Ironically, I just submitted a Venom Lethal Protector #1 (not signature series) and I selected the custom label. What I don't realize is that it split this into another order and requires a separate handling fee and return shipping. I'm assuming this will happen for every different label I select and will keep this in mind for future orders. I just assumed it would remain one order because they were all modern books I submitted.

I recommend starting a thread in the Ask CGC forum, and ask the customer service reps about this, just to make sure it is not an error.  

Hey @CGC Mike - so it looks like the Venom custom SS label is available, but for some reason, it’s not applied on all books - so are some specific books having the custom labels blocked…? That seems really weird - can you clarify why some books would be excluded from having the Venom custom label as an option?

IMG_0097.png

IMG_0098.png