• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #252
2 2

11 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2023 at 11:19 PM, MikeTheSpike said:

Thanks. Do you think a press could help?

you need to quote or tag otherwise the commenter won't know you engaged. If the board had been active at all tonight, I never would have noticed.

When considering pressing, you should look for non-color breaking dents/bends etc. There may be some of that here, but the improvements would be negligible. As you highlighted in the photos, there are multiple color-breaking tics along the spine and it appears the BRFC corner is blunted or otherwise not a sharp corner. Those types of defects will set the upper limit here, and any pressable defect probably won't matter one way or the other. For eye appeal, it could benefit though.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:30 PM, scburdet said:

you need to quote or tag otherwise the commenter won't know you engaged. If the board had been active at all tonight, I never would have noticed.

When considering pressing, you should look for non-color breaking dents/bends etc. There may be some of that here, but the improvements would be negligible. As you highlighted in the photos, there are multiple color-breaking tics along the spine and it appears the BRFC corner is blunted or otherwise not a sharp corner. Those types of defects will set the upper limit here, and any pressable defect probably won't matter one way or the other. For eye appeal, it could benefit though.

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking of the dents on either side of Spider-Man's head, in my experience they can be removed. I guess you think doing so wouldn't improve the grade much? I guess it might sell for more if I wanted though.