• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 14
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Looking for advice on this book. It is quite nice but has a tiny stain at the top left corner of the front cover. The previous owner had other books with rusted staples stacked on top which I believe may have transferred a stain onto this book. There is also a small tear at the bottom right corner of the front cover. Thanks.

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

Edited by Eclipse9965

CGC hates stains, I could see this getting knocked down to 6.0/6.5. However, they view rust stains a bit more leniently, but that's usually rust transfer within the same book. So I'm not sure. I see this as an 8.0±0.5 in the absence of the rust stain. Maybe a spine roll to press out. A very nice looking book.

What a beautiful copy! I don't think CGC will be as cruel as they usual are with the staple stain on this book. It is minimal and not caused by soiling. Dito for the small cover tear. I've got a Bronze Age book with a much bigger tear graded at an 8.0. For a Silver Age Spidey key like yours, I think you have a decent shot at a 8.5, maybe even a 9.0. Great book. Congrats!

Edited by Nilo2