• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic print error? Or badly restored comic?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi, Guys, 

I'm new to the world of comics. I recently bought the whole run of marvel godzilla online. I was planning to grade the whole run. I noticed color on one of the covers . It looks like someone colored some areas in. Could this be an printing error and the color has moved into other areas. Or has somone restored the book in an amiture way? I would hate to get a purple lable. Please let me know what you guys think 🤔 

IMG-20230530-WA0040.jpg

IMG-20230530-WA0041.jpg

IMG-20230530-WA0042.jpg

IMG-20230530-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20230530-WA0039.jpg

IMG-20230530-WA0044.jpg

The light blue you are referring to is the same plate as the blonde's coat and the buildings trim. It looks to have been used to darken the jacket/hat of Mr Mustache. Nothing is wrong with the book this is just how they were printed with offsets not matching up sometimes. I think the bigger question is why you want to grade these instead of just buying already graded copies for what would likely be a cheaper option.

Spoiler

https://www.caricatures-ireland.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/godzilla-v-king-kong-batman-v-superman-martha-mothra-cartoon.jpg

On 6/2/2023 at 12:19 AM, DougC said:

The light blue you are referring to is the same plate as the blonde's coat and the buildings trim. It looks to have been used to darken the jacket/hat of Mr Mustache. Nothing is wrong with the book this is just how they were printed with offsets not matching up sometimes. I think the bigger question is why you want to grade these instead of just buying already graded copies for what would likely be a cheaper option.

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.caricatures-ireland.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/godzilla-v-king-kong-batman-v-superman-martha-mothra-cartoon.jpg

Thank you for reply 😁, I just enjoy the thrill of grading. I usually grade cards. I have never submitted a comic. I love Godzilla and marvel. So would like to grade the whole colection to display. Not grading for profit so don't mind what grade I get.

On 6/2/2023 at 12:33 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Classic Bronze Age printing standards! This is why there's so much to love about 1970s comics. But why grade them? How will you enjoy the smell, or the letters pages or the Marvel checklist or Stan's Soapbox? Welcome to the boards btw! :peace:

Thank you for your information and knowledge 😃. would like to grade the whole colection to display. Not grading for profit so don't mind what grade I get. I have always loved godzilla and marvel so when I saw a comic that incorporates both I had to have the whole run 😂