• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 13
2 2

23 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2023 at 12:47 PM, Nilo2 said:

In theory, if you removed the “restoration”, you could end up with a book in the 1.5/1.8 range. But why bother? You would need to have the restoration professionally removed to get all the glue off (assuming it even can be removed). The book’s condition wouldn’t warrant the expense IMHO.

So sorry if I sound stupid I’m not that clued up on grading, so if I left the tape and cover box on the comic it would just be a 1.0 blue label 

On 6/10/2023 at 8:15 AM, Average RE said:

So sorry if I sound stupid I’m not that clued up on grading, so if I left the tape and cover box on the comic it would just be a 1.0 blue label 

Left as is, the book would almost certainly return a purple (restored) grade probably in the 1.5 range because the restoration is so poor (non matching pieces added). If you remove the non matching pieces and glue, you could achieve a blue label grade around 1.5/1.8 (again because of the missing pieces) as long as the cover is still attached. Of course this is just my opinion.