• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLink June 7 auction thread
4 4

93 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2023 at 5:03 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Treated like a poster and signed by everyone ON the art? I wouldn't give a $1000 for it. Yeah, Stan Lee signed everything, but why would ANY art collector have the art signed right on the art itself? Oh yeah, we all know who did that, so it shouldn't surprise us at all.

On 6/3/2023 at 4:03 PM, KirbyCollector said:

I kind of want to know who did this to a piece of artwork. The same guy who had Stan sign everything under the sun? 

On 6/3/2023 at 5:03 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Why do you think the price is astonishing?

its currently at $20K for three connecting covers, which is still cheap for JSC stuff

On 6/4/2023 at 6:48 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

its currently at $20K for three connecting covers, which is still cheap for JSC stuff

No, it is just the middle -- the other two pieces are being sold separately

Screenshot_20230604_071230_Chrome.jpg

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 6/4/2023 at 5:48 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Ah I see the asterisk now…that’s a reserve not yet met number.  
all those signatures in the art area, all over the characters…..

maybe a different audience would be more receptive, like a movie prop and memorabilia audience 

For me, and a lot of OA collectors, signatures all over the art makes my bidding look more like :

C4E29A13-A0E8-4D5F-BA87-F31422AF4BCE.gif.ff69a4f9e5be029df29e3357ea4bfb92.gif

On 6/3/2023 at 9:57 PM, KirbyCollector said:

I swear people who have published artwork they didn't contribute to the creation of being personalised need to have their collections taken away from them!

On 6/4/2023 at 7:06 AM, comix4fun said:

Ah I see the asterisk now…that’s a reserve not yet met number.  
all those signatures in the art area, all over the characters…..

maybe a different audience would be more receptive, like a movie prop and memorabilia audience 

For me, and a lot of OA collectors, signatures all over the art makes my bidding look more like :

C4E29A13-A0E8-4D5F-BA87-F31422AF4BCE.gif.ff69a4f9e5be029df29e3357ea4bfb92.gif

Agreed. I was mortified to see that art defaced with all those autographs. I'm guessing the guy who's bidding on that is also stuck throwing down heavy on the other ones. Having those covers all split up to different owners would be almost as big of a shame as having everyone put their grubby autographs on original art.

On 6/4/2023 at 10:35 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Agreed. I was mortified to see that art defaced with all those autographs. I'm guessing the guy who's bidding on that is also stuck throwing down heavy on the other ones. Having those covers all split up to different owners would be almost as big of a shame as having everyone put their grubby autographs on original art.

I am going to be more than a little surprised if the reserve is met on that cover. 

On 6/4/2023 at 9:49 AM, comix4fun said:

I am going to be more than a little surprised if the reserve is met on that cover. 

Yeah, I am really curious to what that reserve is. I'm guessing that the owner thinks that this has multiples of value since it's autographed, maybe?

I'd be pretty bent if I was going after all three covers, and bid hard on everything, but didn't meet the reserve on the main piece, sticking me with the other two - which are on the opposite sides of the cover. That might lead to an interesting scenario.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 6/3/2023 at 2:57 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Upper end of the market seems to be healthy...

The kiddie pool end seems to be serving up some deals at least from the previous one.

I was pretty successful in the last auction - where I was a little stuck like the guy on the JSC connecting covers. I had 3 covers that we're part of a limited series - I wanted to keep them together, so I had to bid aggressive on all three, even though the 3rd one was the strongest piece. In the end, they seemed to price out at a slight discount compared to other Deodato similarly-composed covers.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:57 AM, comix4fun said:

When Clink sets/reveals reserves they set the bidding to one increment below the reserve and then post this on the bidding history page
So, the reserve is $20k. The $19750 isn't an actual bid. 

ScreenShot2023-06-04at10_55_45AM.thumb.png.8869b153381224ae2bb7a7dc1b516558.png

Oh cool, thanks for that. I think this is the first auction that was pointed out to me that was a reserve, so I didn't know how it worked.