• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

amazing spider man 413- kool aid required?

3 posts in this topic

I was browsing reddit today and this book was being discussed as having a kool aid pack insert. I know about the tattooz insert and how it being missing can give you a qualified label, but haven't found anything about this particular book. The only one I found is on another grading company label, and while it mentions it on that label, what I don't know if it is still inside the book or not.

Where it is not really flat I would think it would not be possible to grade it with the kool aid still inside. The bigger question then is if it isn't required, what makes it different than the tattooz?

koolaid.jpg

I did not even know about this, just checked my copy and it does have the "Kool Aid" packet, When I graded my copy a few years back I must not have even thought twice about it, probably said, "Hey a Kool Aid Pack, Cool" and moved on.

This issue also has a sealed card inside to subscribe to "Spider-Man Magazine for Kids".

From looking online I was only able to find pics of 4 graded copies, 3 by CGC, 1 by the other guys, the labels do mention the Kool Aid Pack...

"Direct Editions Have A Kool Aid Sample Pack Included", however, there is no mention of the "Subscription Card". (shrug)

The majority of books for sale on eBay are mentioned by the seller that the Kool Aid Pack is included, however, since this is a low $ book, there probably is not much interest, should something happen and this book becomes "Hot", there will probably be a lot of interest in the included items being there.

Looking at Go Collect, the site shows there have been 3 issues graded as "Qualified", I do not have an account so I cannot see why they received  Qualified labels.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by marvelmaniac