• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading COA
1 1

18 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2023 at 2:57 PM, jessie winstead said:

I would like to know when grading books with coa numbering  does the coa get slab with comic how does it usually work thanks

If you mean the coa for the print run, no, they don’t slab it with the book.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:05 PM, DougC said:

As a general rule you should never send ANYTHING to CGC that you expect to get back!

Knowing this ahead of time would have saved countless people untold hours of anxiety.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:24 PM, Fraggy said:

Yeah, it's only been on their website for 22 years or so...

You can be snarky about this but it is a valid question, especially if you are submitting a newer pedigree (Savannah/Twin Cities) book that does not have obvious markings. The "COA" from Heritage should be included as a photocopy for supportive evidence.

Asking this in the newbie forum is perfectly fine and should be encouraged.

On 6/6/2023 at 8:45 PM, DougC said:
On 6/6/2023 at 7:24 PM, Fraggy said:

You can be snarky about this but it is a valid question, especially if you are submitting a newer pedigree (Savannah/Twin Cities) book that does not have obvious markings. The "COA" from Heritage should be included as a photocopy for supportive evidence.

Asking this in the newbie forum is perfectly fine and should be encouraged.

I agree, but at the same time, if a person can find a specific chat board, create an account, start a new thread, ask a question, wait for answers from total random strangers, it's not unreasonable to think that person would be able to find the FAQ section of the company website from which they are considering ENTRUSTING THEIR VALUABALES AND PAYING MONEY TO.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:24 PM, Fraggy said:

Sorry, you missed the point, but thanks for playing!

On 6/7/2023 at 11:19 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Since it's information readily-available on CGC's own website, can you share what "the point" of your previous comment is?

Sure.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:05 PM, DougC said:

As a general rule you should never send ANYTHING to CGC that you expect to get back!

On 6/5/2023 at 10:50 PM, Axe Elf said:

Knowing this ahead of time would have saved countless people untold hours of anxiety.

My point was that if people knew ahead of time that they should not expect to get anything back when they send stuff to CGC, it would save them countless hours of worrying about getting their stuff back.  I think most people break this general rule by submitting things with the expectation of getting them back.

On 6/7/2023 at 1:02 PM, Axe Elf said:

My point was that if people knew ahead of time that they should not expect to get anything back when they send stuff to CGC, it would save them countless hours of worrying about getting their stuff back.  I think most people break this general rule by submitting things with the expectation of getting them back.

To which Stu replied that this knowledge has always been readily-available...

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 6/7/2023 at 1:10 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

To which Stu replied that this knowledge has always been readily-available...

To which I replied that he had missed the point, but that I appreciated his participation.

And that brings us back to DOH!

On 6/7/2023 at 1:43 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This circular logic suggests that you, in fact, missed the point of Stu's comment.

Circular logic is when one assumes the conclusion to an argument as a premise in that argument.  I don't believe I am guilty of that.

If you think I have missed something, however, I would appreciate enlightenment.

On 6/7/2023 at 2:47 PM, Axe Elf said:

Circular logic is when one assumes the conclusion to an argument as a premise in that argument.  I don't believe I am guilty of that.

If you think I have missed something, however, I would appreciate enlightenment.

Did you assume the conclusion that he "missed the point" in the premise of your reply?

On 6/7/2023 at 1:55 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Did you assume the conclusion that he "missed the point" in the premise of your reply?

No, the conclusion that he missed the point (let's call that "C") was derived from independent premises, namely the observation that his comment was irrelevant to my comment (let's call that "B") and the observation that people often respond with irrelevancies when they have missed the original point (let's call that "A").

As you can see, neither premise (A & B) is equivalent to the conclusion (C), so this is not a circular argument.  To express it formally:

A.  People often respond with irrelevancies when they have missed the original point.

B.  He replied to my post with an irrelevancy.

C.  He missed the original point.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Axe Elf

On 6/8/2023 at 5:28 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Ignoring relevance, perpetual circular logic, unwilling to admit when wrong. Not worth the annoyance.

Wrong?

Are you suffering from the misperception that you have proven that having the knowledge that one should not send anything to CGC with the expectation of getting it back would NOT have saved people countless hours of anxiety?

I just tried to make a little joke, and you went all Captain Pedantic on me.

I even tried to educate you on circular logic, but still you persist in misusing the term.

I think the annoyance may be on the other foot.

Edited by Axe Elf