• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Summer JUNK SALE! A big Thread of Cool stuff!
7 7

140 posts in this topic

Been a while since I did one of these. Did some digging through the junk pile and turned up a big pile of cool stuff. Lots of GA comics, a small group of SA keys, a nice group of comic book related old pinback buttons and premiums and some other cool old stuff mixed in. Some real cheap readers on up to some nicer stuff. Not sure how this will go but expect it to be maybe a week's worth. I will put on a little hopefully every day as I have a little time. 

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage varies depending on what you purchase and where it goes. Generally it is $8.50 For one or two books boxed First Class, After that, $17. Boxed Priority Flat Rate. I don’t use the USPS flat mailers too much risk of damage. I can send some stuff Media Mail if it qualifies. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). Please ask questions if you need to.

I would prefer checks or Money orders but will accept Paypal if I have to….   

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had just a few in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Wings #50 Oct 1944

Lotsa Good Girl art inside.

Beautiful, bright color on this cover! Single staple neatly popped and cover neatly detached. Small upper spine split/tear about 1/2" down.Several small, light wrinkles and bends to cover. Nothing severe or color breaking. No tears or missing pieces. Very nice interior paper!

Was $50.

Noe $45.

wings50a.jpeg

wings50b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Plastic Man #58 Jan 1956

A very nice, bright copy still with some gloss. Has a tiny top of spine piece missing and a 1/2" lower spine split. A little spine rubbing. Just minor general wear. Book and cover attached to covers. Fresh interior pages. 

$45.

plasticman1.jpeg

plasticman2.jpeg

SOLD!

Kid Cowboy #11 Oct 1953

Great bondage/burning at the stake cover! Unusual St. John publication.

Nice looking copy with full cover image and nice color. Has some minor spine wear just starting to pull a bit at staples, an upper right corner crease that does not break color, bound slightly off. Just average general wear. Slightly yellowed interior pages.

$25.

kidcowboy1.jpeg

kidcowboy2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Andy Panda Four Color #280 1950

Classic Robot cover and story

A clean, tightly bound colorful copy. Slightly bound off a little. Minor spine stress lines. A small "X" erased in "A" of title. Just general, light reading wear. 

Was $20.

Now $15.

andypanda1.jpeg

andypanda2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Life Story Magazine March 1942

Large, heavy magazine. "Nazi Love Captive" photo bondage cover. 

Back cover is missing. Spine has full paper but slightly flattened. Corner and edge minor wear. Minor tears, creases ect. Interior paper is yellowed but very decent and plyable. 

$20.

lifestory1.jpeg

lifestory2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Romantic Hearts #4 Oct 1951

Scarce Story Publications romance title. Hy Fleishman art

Slight spine roll. Old tape repair at spine from bottom staple down 2". 1" upper spine split. Top staple neatly popped. A couple small tears at spine in back cover. Presents pretty well with nothing missing, no creases and very readable with off white/white interior pages.

Was $40.

Now $35.

romantichearts1.jpeg

romantichearts2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Mysterious Stories #2 Dec-Jan 1954-55

Woodbridge cover, AC Hollingsworth story. Tail end of pre-code horror

Has a 2" upper spine split/tear. Bottom of spine is neatly split from staple down. Lots of spine stress lines. Cover still attached to book and centerfold. Some minor chipping on right side with a small 3/8" tear. No pieces missing or major tears, creases or damage otherwise. Very nice interior pages.

$50. 

mysterioustories1.jpeg

mysterioustories2.jpeg

Roy Rogers #36 May 1951

A very pretty copy. Flat, clean and bright. Smooth, tight spine with everything tightly attached. No tears, creases or missing pages. Just a few minor spine bends at a very tiny chip out of back bottom cover. Fresh interior paper. Pretty copy

Was $15.

Now $10.

royrogers36a.jpeg

royrogers36b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 6/8/2023 at 7:37 PM, Robot Man said:

Kid Cowboy #11 Oct 1953

Great bondage/burning at the stake cover! Unusual St. John publication.

Nice looking copy with full cover image and nice color. Has some minor spine wear just starting to pull a bit at staples, an upper right corner crease that does not break color, bound slightly off. Just average general wear. Slightly yellowed interior pages.

$25.

kidcowboy1.jpeg

kidcowboy2.jpeg

:takeit:

Super-Mystery V5#4 Feb 1946

Classic Octopus cover! Tough title!

Alas, the centerfold is missing... 32 pages including covers. Neat 3/4" lower spine split. Minor spine wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Flat and clean with no other major tears, creases or cover pieces missing. Nice interior paper and still very readable and displayable. 

$75.

supermystery1.jpeg

supermystery2.jpeg

Battle Ground #13 Sept 1956

Nice Heath cover. Al Williamson story

Small piece out of cover at spine. Neat 1" spine splits at top and bottom of spine. Spine weak but book and centerfold still attached to cover. Just minor wear otherwise. Bright and glossy. Fresh interior paper.

$25.

battleground1.jpeg

battleground2.jpeg

battleground3.jpeg

SOLD!

Addams and Evil book by Chas Addams 1947 Simon & Schuster

Classic New Yorker Magazine cartoons. Came out long before the iconic TV show. 

Nice copy with original Dust Jacket. Jacket has just minimal wear with a few small bumps and edge tears. Small, light interior water stain. Book is excellent.

$45.

addamsfamily1.jpeg

addamsfamily2.jpeg

addamsfamily3.jpeg

addamsfamily4.jpeg

addamsfamily5.jpeg

addamsfamily6.jpeg

addamsfamily7.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Bugs Bunny Four Color #33 (actually #1) 1943

Listed as a bondage/torture cover...:roflmao:

A real beater. It is complete with a full cover but is chippy, split and detached. Interior paper is tanning just a little flakey on edges but mostly fairly supple and still very readable. Displays OK and nothing but a filler until you can find a better one.

$25.

bugsbunny1.jpeg

bugsbunny2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, I'll end it tonight with one from the exact opposite of the spectrum...

True Love Pictorial #1 Dec 1952 St. John Pubs

A simply beautiful copy. Never see St. Johns like this. Flat, clean and bright. Smooth, tight spine with everything snugly bound. No tears or creases. Nothing missing. Nice color. Has just the most minute wear. Staples are dark maybe surface rust although I see no evidence of water. Possibly just oxidized. A couple small bends at top corner and lower right side. Back cover has a small bend, a tiny1/8" edge tear and two small stains where front staples would be. No rust migration. A real beautiful copy! 

Was $450.

Now $400.

truelovepictorial1a.jpeg

truelovepictorial1b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man