• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Summer JUNK SALE! A big Thread of Cool stuff!
7 7

140 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2023 at 1:47 AM, OtherEric said:

Congratulations!  Also, *****... I've been looking for that for a while and you got it for a steal, even in that grade.

Just the right place at the right time I guess. I only need Bugs Finds the Lost Treasure now and one issue in the 200’s. Plus I have most of his own run from 28 on. I’m missing a few of the much later ones. It’ll fit right in with my first FC Andy Panda, Oswald the Rabbit, Bringing Up Father and a few others in very similar condition. 

Strange Confessions #4 Fall 1952

"Gangster's Moll", "Slum Girl", lots pf sleazy stuff in this short run title. Overstreet lists the whole run as scarce. I would concur.

A nice, solid, clean copy. Has some stress line along spine. A tiny inked name at top. Back cover has a little bug damage? in top right corner. No tears or pieces missing. Sound copy with cover bound tight to book and centerfold. Nice off white interior pages.

I have a #2 coming up later.

Was $125.

Now $100.

strangeconfessions4a.jpeg

strangeconfessions4b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Pogo #1 Oct-Dec 1949

Walt Kelly masterpiece

Spine wear and cover neatly detached from book. Some tiny edge tears, a chip out of top right corner. And a stain on right side near top. Centerfold neatly detached but no ragged. Nice interior pages.

$24.

pogo1.jpeg

pogo2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Babe Ruth Sports #5 Dec 1949

Babe Ruth hosts this book. Has his own story inside. Nice Powell art

Bright and glossy. Everything well attached. A little minor spine wear. No creases, tears or pieces missing just light general wear. Clean, supple interior pages.

Was $35. (below guide)

Now $30. (Even more below guide)…

baberuth1.jpeg

baberuth2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds #6 Dec 1957

Steve Ditko cover plus 5 stories!

Rough spine with split in middle. Bottom staple popped bt cover still holding on to both staples. A couple small, light stains on back cover and bottom left front cover. No other major tears, creases or missing pieces. Just average reading wear. Supple interior pages. A fun read!

$30

unexploredworlds1.jpeg

unexploredworlds2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Death Valley #4 April 1954

Violent Don Heck cover + 2 stories. Best issue in the run.

Bright and glossy cover. Small 1" upper spine split. Cover is starting to pull a bit at staples but still well attached. Lower right corner crease. Light stain at top of back cover. Just light general wear otherwise. Tight centerfold and nice interior pages.

$35.

deathvalley1.jpeg

deathvalley2.jpeg

Large lot of 25 1950's Walt Disney's Comics and Stories all with Carl Barks stories!

Included are #157,163,165,168,180,186,187,194,195,199,201,202,205,206,208,209,212,213,215,216,220,225,232,237,and 253.

Condition averages good. some a little less and many even a little better. Photos tell the story. All sound reading copies. Hours of great reading.

Was $75.

Now $65 lots of Great reading here! 

LotWDCS1.jpeg

LotWDCS2.jpeg

LotWDCS3.jpeg

LotWDCS4.jpeg

LotWDCS5.jpeg

LotWDCS6.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Daring Adventures #12 Super Comics Reprint

Reprints Phantom Lady #14 all by Matt Baker. Complete but first story is missing first page as it was originally printed on the inside front cover. Great stuff!

Has a slight spine roll. A few small, light dirty spots at top right on cover. A couple light bends and creases. No tears or missing pieces. Well bound with nice interior paper. Least expensive way to read this issue in print. 

$50.

daringadvs1.jpeg

daringadvs2.jpeg

daringadvs3.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Here is something you will never see...

Circa 1937 Junior Federal Men Special Operator's Club pin from New Adventure Comics Magazine. Mail away club from DC before Superman. A real piece of history. 

Very small oval pin is only 1" wide. Blue ink on a white background.

Has a tiny cello split on extreme left edge. Ink is much darker than this photo. Hard to photograph things this small. Enlarged for detail. I really hate the word "rare" but this certainly qualifies...

$150. I should raise this rare piece of comic book history…

IMG_6860.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Hopalong Cassidy #37 Nov 1949

Fat 52 page issue

A nice, solid, clean, well bound copy with great color. A few very tiny edge chips and a light "Special" stamped on title. I was told this was a movie theatre giveaway back in the day. Cream but very supple interior pages.

$10.

hopalongcassidy1.jpeg

hopalongcassidy2.jpeg

GI Combat #114 Oct-Nov 1965

Battle Origin of the Haunted Tank! Russ Heath cover and interior story. A great read. One of my favorite DC war stories.

Nice, solid copy. Bright color and cover well bound to book and centerfold. Some light overall wrinkles a a couple small creases. No tears or missing pieces. Clean, supple interior paper.

Was $65.

Now $60.

gicombat1.jpeg

gicombat2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Little LuLu and the Organ Grinder Man 1946 Mcloughlan Bros Hardback book in Dust Jacket

44 pages. Half are in full color and half are B/W. Wonderful Marjorie Henderson Buell story and art. Very hard to find with a nice intact dust jacket.

Jacket is complete and nice with just minor wear. Small tear in bottom of jacket. Book is excellent condition. A fun little read!

Was $40.

Now $30.

lulubook1.jpeg

lulubook2.jpeg

lulubook3.jpeg

lulubook4.jpeg

lulubook5.jpeg

lulubook6.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Prize Comics #57 Jan-Feb 1946

Classic Christmas cover with covers of past issues in background. Yank and Doodle plus Frankenstein story by D Briefer.

A real nice copy but neatly missing the back cover. Small chip out top top cover. No creases or tears with full cover, Flat and clean. Front cover still bound well to book. Centerfold tightly attached. Tough to find Prize comics anymore, believe me, I search for them.

$150.

prize1.jpeg

prize2.jpeg

On 6/10/2023 at 1:10 PM, Robot Man said:

Pogo #1 Oct-Dec 1949

Walt Kelly masterpiece

Spine wear and cover neatly detached from book. Some tiny edge tears, a chip out of top right corner. And a stain on right side near top. Centerfold neatly detached but no ragged. Nice interior pages.

$24.

pogo1.jpeg

Take :takeit:

SOLD!

Range Romances #3 Sept 1950

Classic, sexy photo cover. "Throbbing Love Sagas"  :roflmao:Nice GGA inside.

A real nice, flat, tight copy. Covers have a little light staining (worst on back). Small 1/2" lower right edge tear toward bottom. Also, a small spot of bug damage in bottom left as well as a crease. Book has a smooth spine with no overwrap or roll. Book and centerfold bound snug to covers. No other major tears or creases. Slightly yellowed but supple interior pages.

$100.

rangeromances1.jpeg

rangeromances2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Hot Rods and Racing Cars #10 June 1953

Violent car crash cover. Great car race stories, car lingo and even some nice GGA

Clean, flat, bright copy. Spine is slight off center at bottom (as bound). Smooth spine with everything tightly bound. Tiny, lower right corner crease. Just very light minor wear. Nice white interior pages. Nice copy.

$30.

hotrods1.jpeg

hotrods2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Batman #186 Nov 1966

Joker cover/story. 

Tight, bright, glossy copy. Book has some rippling to covers. No water stains. Back cover has a long "subscription" crease. Staples have just a hint of rust. Well, bound, snug binding. No tears or pieces missing. Off white/white interior pages.

$35.

batman1.jpeg

batman2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man