• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return shipping to Canada $80 for 4 comics? :(
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2023 at 9:21 PM, mystic-places said:

Hi, is there any reason you charge $80 (yikes) to ship back 4 graded comics to Canada. This should at most cost $30-40 with insurance. This is so expensive.

Thanks

Can I ask who is the "you" in your question? If it's CGC there is an ask CGC section of this forum, and that would be the best place to pose this question. 

might depend on on how fast one wants the comics to be shipped, or what type of verification, or the value of the comics.

Probably best to contact CGC directly with a specific question about their costs and policies.

On 6/9/2023 at 2:21 PM, mystic-places said:

Hi, is there any reason you charge $80 (yikes) to ship back 4 graded comics to Canada. This should at most cost $30-40 with insurance. This is so expensive.

Thanks

Shipping has become very expensive.  Heritage, last time I looked charges $75 usd for 1 to 3 comics.  More and more I'm just buying locally and avoiding shipping charges.

On 6/13/2023 at 7:51 PM, thehumantorch said:

Shipping has become very expensive.  Heritage, last time I looked charges $75 usd for 1 to 3 comics.  More and more I'm just buying locally and avoiding shipping charges.

Plus they use Fed-Ex or UPS, which charge brokerage fees which they include in their shipping costs. They could use USPS but it would be a slower service and the faster, more secure shipping service IMO is worth the extra charge.

On 6/13/2023 at 8:57 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Plus they use Fed-Ex or UPS, which charge brokerage fees which they include in their shipping costs. They could use USPS but it would be a slower service and the faster, more secure shipping service IMO is worth the extra charge.

I have Fedex as my Heritage default shipper.  After dealing with UPS on two international packages that both were expensive and a nightmare I will absolutely refuse any package shipped to me through them, their broker fees are akin to a hostage situation where they want 30% or more on the value of the package and I have to pay them or they'll return it.  Fedex is more than USPS/Canada Post but fairly reasonable.  Shipping has gotten so expensive I just don't want to buy much from outside Canada.