• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"There was an issue with your Inbound Shipping information."
3 3

13 posts in this topic

I just spent the last 45 minutes painstakingly putting together an new order on the CGC web site.  I really like the fact that the site now allows me to submit a single order with multiple services:  in my case I have three services in my order (1 raw book to grade, 1 crossover book to grade, and 5 books to reholder).  Only mentioning that because maybe this new feature still has some glitches and maybe that's why I'm running into trouble.

Anyway, when I get to the end and submit the order, I get the error message you see in red at the bottom of the image below.

image.thumb.png.f85b94771ba62fdf9503ca9b78e005e3.png

As far as I can tell, there is nothing incorrect or incomplete about my inbound shipping information -- I looked four times.  I even tried manually entering it instead of selecting "same as billing address" or whatever.

I would call CGC customer service, but they are closed until Monday.  This really sucks because I want to get these books out the door today, and avoid the hassle of trying to get to the UPS Store on a work day.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and is there a known workaround?

On 6/10/2023 at 3:09 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

Hi @Sweet Lou 14, please see

Recently, this error has been very common.  Especially on weekends.

From personal experience, you might try opening your order, resuming at the failure point, and trying to submit again periodically over the rest of the weekend.  This worked for me one time.  Good Luck!

Thanks very much ... glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I just tried your suggestion and had no luck ... will try again later I guess.

You could also try doing the orders separately. You can still ship them together. Maybe it doesn't like all the different services jumbled together. 

I never heard of being able to combine dissimilar submissions, but I have only submitted books within the same tier, either all being pressed or none being pressed, no reholders, etc.

Edited by Lightning55

• Administrator

This has been an ongoing problem that mostly happens on weekends.  Web help is aware, and as of yet, has not been able to fix the issue.  I will I will either bump an old e-mail or send a new one, and mention the frustration our customers are experiencing with this issue.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:33 AM, CGC Mike said:

This has been an ongoing problem that mostly happens on weekends.  Web help is aware, and as of yet, has not been able to fix the issue.  I will I will either bump an old e-mail or send a new one, and mention the frustration our customers are experiencing with this issue.

Your forgot but hey the new price increase should resolve this issue because CGC is putting more $$$$ into our IT infrastructure.

Not all IT departments are made equal. Maybe it's time for an upgrade ... IOW, get smarter people.

Afterall, this problem has been an issue for a very long time, now. And before this, there was that stupid little problem with subs falling off the page after 8 months ... which seemed to last forever. Before that, there was/is the issue with having to logon to the forums too frequently. Was that ever fixed?

I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them right now. My point being, CGC's IT seems to be less than stellar.

Edited by Gaard

• Administrator
On 6/11/2023 at 5:28 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

@CGC Mike I just wanted to let you know that my latest attempt (probably #6 in the last two days) finally worked, FWIW.  Thank you for always being so responsive on the boards.

I'm glad you were able to get the submission(s) finalized.  The President of all of our companies has been made aware of this problem.  I am hoping it will be resolved by the end of next week.  :wishluck: