• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I love how much time and money I save by.....
1 1

56 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2023 at 1:44 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Seeing at the beginning of a sales thread "US ONLY"

I get there is a little more work involved but all Canadian boardies do the same work while shipping books to the US so c'mon guys do the little bit of extra work required and increase your sales.

rantrantover lol 

Agree 100%. I know they have lost easy sales to me when I see that.  I get I can have it shipped to an American friend, but I won’t do that.  Can you imagine how ridiculous that would sound if we asked an American to do that?  Oh well, it has certain saved me some $$

On 6/15/2023 at 10:44 AM, Jordysnordy said:

Seeing at the beginning of a sales thread "US ONLY"

I get there is a little more work involved but all Canadian boardies do the same work while shipping books to the US so c'mon guys do the little bit of extra work required and increase your sales.

rantrantover lol 

Amen. And just one more reason why I love diving into sales threads owned and operated by Canadians!   :cheers:

On 6/15/2023 at 11:04 AM, habsfan1 said:

Agree 100%. I know they have lost easy sales to me when I see that.  I get I can have it shipped to an American friend, but I won’t do that.  Can you imagine how ridiculous that would sound if we asked an American to do that?  Oh well, it has certain saved me some $$

You should talk to crassus about that.

On 6/15/2023 at 12:17 PM, ThothAmon said:

Does that make me self loathing?

If the loafers fit...., :gossip:

On 6/15/2023 at 1:31 PM, Black_Adam said:

Comics? Media Mail?   (tsk)

If England would have told Abraham Lincoln he couldn’t use Media Mail, he’d have gathered up all the Brits and burned them as witches! USA! USA! USA!

IMG_4047.gif

In my defense, I generally ship anywhere if someone asks.

Edited by Dr. Balls

USPS shipping to the U.K. was getting pricey enough 10 years ago when I quit, so I’m reluctant to ask about the charges now. Sure they’d be rather off-putting.

On 6/15/2023 at 3:59 PM, Ken Aldred said:

USPS shipping to the U.K. was getting pricey enough 10 years ago when I quit, so I’m reluctant to ask about the charges now. Sure they’d be rather off-putting.

They're ridiculous.  But it hasn't stopped my buyers from the UK, who as a consequence of the added cost tend to buy large numbers of books, at least some of which are hard to find.