• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's going to happen to the CGC Registry?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 6/20/2023 at 7:20 PM, SnorlaxCollective said:

With the new changes announces today to the CGC grading scale and labels what is going to happen with the CGC Set Registry?

On 6/21/2023 at 5:29 AM, cyclonus11 said:

When the registries merge, will the rate of set type creation increase or decrease? How will the point system change (CSG points are much lower than the points assigned on the CGC side)?

Thanks for the great questions! When we begin accepting submissions in mid-July, there will be a registry for sports-cards and TCGs/non-sports cards. Around mid-August the registries will be combined so that everything is in one registry. These changes will not affect the rate of set creation for new registry sets. Scores will be updated to reflect one consistent reward system for all cards. I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any additional questions! :)

On 6/21/2023 at 11:00 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Thanks for the great questions! When we begin accepting submissions in mid-July, there will be a registry for sports-cards and TCGs/non-sports cards. Around mid-August the registries will be combined so that everything is in one registry. These changes will not affect the rate of set creation for new registry sets. Scores will be updated to reflect one consistent reward system for all cards. I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any additional questions! :)

Thanks for a bit of a timeline Lyndsey!

I'm looking forward to more sets, rankings, and now having a shot at completing a set in all 10s.

Will perfect 10s remain eligible to be included in sets? 

• Administrator
On 6/21/2023 at 11:53 AM, SnorlaxCollective said:

Thanks for a bit of a timeline Lyndsey!

I'm looking forward to more sets, rankings, and now having a shot at completing a set in all 10s.

Will perfect 10s remain eligible to be included in sets? 

LMK if you get a complete set of all 10s, I'd love to check it out! :) 

And yes, Perfect 10s will still be eligible for registry sets! 

On 6/21/2023 at 11:00 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Any update on the combination of the sports and TCG set registries Lyndsey? I assume they will both have to go offline for a bit soon once it happens 😄

• Administrator
On 8/17/2023 at 8:20 AM, SnorlaxCollective said:

Any update on the combination of the sports and TCG set registries Lyndsey? I assume they will both have to go offline for a bit soon once it happens 😄

Yes, the estimated time frame right now is for mid-September. We will have more information coming soon and I will update here as well.

• Administrator
On 9/6/2023 at 12:19 PM, SnorlaxCollective said:

Thanks Lyndsey! Looks great!

This consolidates the Registries as well then?

You're welcome! Yes, that's correct. The registries should be consolidated into one at that time as well.