• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After WEEKS of work, I finally have my custom set up for the CGC Awards! Thoughts?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Wow!  Your set is amazing!  I never knew there were so many Blade Runner comics.  Extremely impressive that you have all of the variants and limited books in such high grade!  I wish you happy hunting on that Dutch 8.0 book!  I hope another will appear for you!  Really enjoyed reading through it and looking at the pics.  Your hard work shows!

Thank you so much!! I have been ordering 3x-5x of each book just to make sure I can get a 9.6+ grade. It's cost me a lot of money and time, but it's been so much fun and well worth it. These last 11 or so books have been tough to get upgraded on the grades... as old stock dries up, finding some random Issue 8, Cover B (for example) in the condition of a 9.6+ is HARD!

I know my collection is rather obscure. For me it's zero about investment (because honestly most of the books aren't worth more than what it costs to grade them beside a handful of them). Just about the pure enjoyment of collecting what I love :) 

Edited by ethanwa79

I'll note as a friendly gesture, and as you may be aware, that a great many registry participants have worked on their sets for approximately 15 plus years, also spending a great amount of money without thought to investment, and simply because they have loved holding, reading and collecting comic books for 40 plus years.

On 6/22/2023 at 5:10 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I'll note as a friendly gesture, and as you may be aware, that a great many registry participants have worked on their sets for approximately 15 plus years, also spending a great amount of money without thought to investment, and simply because they have loved holding, reading and collecting comic books for 40 plus years.

Oh I know! I only mentioned it because I didn't want anyone here to feel like I was doing this for the money is all. I respect everyone here who has been here a lot longer than me.