• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC certification / multiple books not found

4 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2023 at 1:14 AM, Lamborghinikid said:

I’m getting my books ready for the registry. Out of about 12 books I looked up so far around 4 couldn’t be found. Anyone else experiencing  trouble ? Thanks 

I'm not sure the circumstance, but here goes :) I'd ask for a screenshot of what exactly happens when you try, but it could be that: 

If you have an account with CGC then log in, and you can look up as many as you'd like, but what it could be? Is you're not logged in? or don't have your own account? After that they only let you look up a "certain amount" per day or in a time frame, so that "bots" can't mine their information (thumbsu 

Are these four comic books that were graded for, I'll write, several years or very recently? Either way, I have had such occur in both instances. In the case of those graded some time ago, CGC perhaps never entered the certification number into the system or there may be a technical issue where the system fails to locate the number. In the case of recently graded ones, CGC may not (edit) have (end edit) yet entered them.

Although you have likely done this, verify that you have entered the correct numbers or done so in the correct slots. Lastly, if these are fine, contact CGC (Mike) so that they may correct the problem as soon as possible.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe

It’s a good mix of both. One was graded around December 2022.  Three of the others are all file copies in the earlier slabs from around 2010 era. I will call today and see if they can assist. I had never had that happen and just checking to see if anyone else was experiencing it.  Thank you both for you feedback.