• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Comic Art Alert - Updated

24 posts in this topic

HI, all:

A few months ago, I sent a package of OA consignments to Heritage.  Unfortunately, the package was out for delivery Mar 4th and never seen/heard from again.  The artwork was sent with item tracking and signature confirmation but was stolen in transit by a USPS driver.  I have spent the past two months working with USPS (not helpful at all) and HA (very helpful).  A police report has been filed

Please spread the word, and DM me should you see/be offered any of the following artwork:

1. Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #8 p20 splash with Spawn and Gunslinger Spawn
  2. Brett Booth The Flash #36 cover
  3. Brett Booth Flash/Speed Buggy #1p10 splash
  4. Herb Trimpe Avengers #333p9 (Captain America battles Dr. Doom)
  5. Jim Starlin Strange Adventures #5p2/3 Double Page Splash
  6. Jim Starlin Hawkman Special #1p8/9 Double Page Spread

1. Jim Starlin Strange Adventures #5p8/9 Double Page Spread (awesome all-out battle)
  2. Jim Starlin Hawkman Special #1p4/5 Double Page Spread 
  3. Brett Booth The Flash #54p20 Splash (killer splash page, pivitol moment)
  1. Brett Booth Flash/Speed Buggy #1p33 splash
  2. Brett Booth Flash Future's End #1p7 half splash
  3. Brett Booth Flash Future's End #1p8 
  4. Brett Booth The Flash 47p5 half splash vs Professor Zoom (reverse Flash)
  5. Brett Booth The Flash 47p7 splash vs Professor Zoom (reverse Flash)
  6. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #481p6
  7. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #481p8
  8. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #482p16
  9. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #482p19
  10. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #482p22
  11. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #484p1
  12. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #484p18
  13. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #485p4
  14. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #485p6
  15. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #486p19
  16. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #492p2
  17. Jim Starlin Strange Adventures #5p14 half splash
  18. Jim Starlin Mystery in Space #8p28 splashy
  19. Kevin Maguire Supergirl #21p9
  20. Kevin Maguire Supergirl #22p14
  21. Kevin Maguire Supergirl #22p15
  22. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #82p13 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  23. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #82p14 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  24. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #82p15 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  25. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #83p2 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  26. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #83p3 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  27. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #83p11 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  28. Mark Bagley Spiderman #2p15
  29. Mark Bagley Spiderman #2p16
  30. Mark Bagley Spiderman #2p17
  31. Mark Bagley Spiderman #3p7
  32. Mark Bagley Spiderman #3p16
  33. Mark Bagley Spiderman #4p1
  34. Mark Bagley Spiderman #4p8
  35. Mark Bagley Spiderman #4p9
  36. Mark Bagley Spiderman #4p13
  37. Mark Bagley Spiderman #5p21

PS I sent HA a separate package the following week containing another 50+ OA consignments and I am just waiting for USPS to confirm once more that they haven't a clue as to what happened to the package.  So I may have to file another police report.  :tonofbricks:

Edited by jjonahjameson11

HI, all:

In my initial post, I stated that I sent Heritage another package a week after the first one, and after going through the same hassles with USPS, I have received confirmation that the second package has also been stolen by a USPS employee.  A police report has been filed.

Please spread the word on these covers/pages and DM me should you come across any.  Thanks again to everyone for your support, suggestions, and well-wishes.

• Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #11p16
  • Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #14p7
  • Alan Weiss Amazing Spiderman #209p9, 1st appearance of Calypso.  Spidey is in the 1st panel
  • John Romita Jr Green Arrow #51 cover
  • Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #15p10
  • John Romita Jr The Flash #51 cover
  • John Romita Jr Thor #25p28 very impressive full page splash of Thor preparing to land a knock-out blow against Thanos
  • Dale Keown Incredible Hulk #370p9 Namor vs Hulk battle page.  Two panels have stats of the original artwork, which is directly beneath the stats.
  • Dale Keown Incredible Hulk #371p11 Namor vs Hulk battle page
  • John Romita Jr Thor #25p32 half splash featuring Thor vs Thanos battle
  • Kevin Maguire JLA Classified #6p21 featuring Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Fire & Ice working at a hamburger joint in Hell
  • Kevin Maguire JLA Classified #5p12 featuring Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, and Power Girl
  • Sean Chen Sensational Spiderman #33p11
  • Sean Chen Sensational Spiderman #33p13
  • Luke Ross Spectacular Spiderman #241p7
  • Luke Ross and Al Milgrom Spectacular Spiderman #251p11
  • Luke Ross and Al Milgrom Spectacular Spiderman #251p13
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #253p21
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #254p4
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #255p22
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #256p6
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #256p21
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #257p2
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #257p4
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #257p8
  • Luke Ross and Al Williamson Sensational Spiderman #7p22 half splash

Sorry to hear that your pages got stolen. That's an impressive lot. :/

Only to play devils advocate, if you're the USPS guy delivering to Heritage, you're definitely going to be under a microscope. My guess would be someone stealing from a parked truck.

I'd also be shocked if USPS admitted theft.

Edited by Tnexus

On 6/28/2023 at 9:42 PM, Tnexus said:

Only to play devils advocate, if you're the USPS guy delivering to Heritage, you're definitely going to be under a microscope. My guess would be someone stealing from a parked truck.

I'd also be shocked if USPS admitted theft.

Stealing from a parked truck at the same destination a week apart?  Not sure about that.

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 6/29/2023 at 6:29 AM, darkstar said:

considering the value it's insane that you didn't use registered mail.

How is registered mail any different than the service I used?  Item tracking and signature confirmation.

again, this is the 1st time I’ve had anything stolen after sending thousands of packages worldwide.

On 6/29/2023 at 6:32 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

How is registered mail any different than the service I used?  Item tracking and signature confirmation.

again, this is the 1st time I’ve had anything stolen after sending thousands of packages worldwide.

Registered has a chain of custody, all other tiers have unmonitored accessibility ... GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 6/29/2023 at 3:27 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

USPS has been absolutely useless.  If they do know who did it, they are not sharing the information.

My ex worked in tracking years ago at a major courier company in Canada and the vast majority of packages that went *missing* were opened or stolen by employees. The problem was so rampant that the company would frequently run sting operations with bait packages to catch the suspected crooks in the act. The problem was that my ex was also on the union and she said that in order to avoid battles with the union (who always vigorously defended the accused union member - even when caught red-handed) and/or lengthy criminal cases the company almost always encouraged the guilty employees to quit in exchange for no mention of the *suspected* theft on their record. And the stolen packages were just recorded as lost with any insurance paid out...