• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Comic Art Alert - Updated

24 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2023 at 11:05 AM, Black_Adam said:

My ex worked in tracking years ago at a major courier company in Canada and the vast majority of packages that went *missing* were opened or stolen by employees. The problem was so rampant that the company would frequently run sting operations with bait packages to catch the suspected crooks in the act. The problem was that my ex was also on the union and she said that in order to avoid battles with the union (who always vigorously defended the accused union member - even when caught red-handed) and/or lengthy criminal cases the company almost always encouraged the guilty employees to quit in exchange for no mention of the *suspected* theft on their record. And the stolen packages were just recorded as lost with any insurance paid out...

I suspect what you've described is exactly what happened to the packages I sent, and I have no doubt it was a USPS employee who did the thieving.  As of today, I've contacted the major comic art sellers and auction houses with the comprehensive list of stolen OA.  Hopefully, the thief will make a mistake and will be apprehended as a result of his/her greed.

Sounds like a sting operation of packing a bunch of OA reproductions with GPS trackers slipped in between the cardboard and sending them to the suspect Heritage address needs to happen. Put 'FRAGILE ORIGINAL ART INSIDE' on all of them and see how many make it to Heritage. I imagine HA has to have some sort of investigative department with all the crazy valuable things they handle at auction.