• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad News...CGC Mike's mother has passed away
10 10

145 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2023 at 5:48 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thank you so much for your posts, everyone.  I survived the I95 road trip back to the sunshine state.  My mom had a great funeral.  All of her wishes that she wrote on paper were fulfilled.  I am sure she is proud and happy.  A Hummingbird hovered over the grave site.  That was her favorite bird species that she faithfully fed every year.

Sounds like a great send-off. Welcome back, Mike!

On 6/27/2023 at 12:50 AM, ttfitz said:

So sorry to hear this, Mike. 

Don't be surprised if it hits you at weird moments. A few years ago my mother died in early November after a few months worth of hospital/rehab/hospital where she really wasn't there most of the time, so it wasn't a sudden thing. At Thanksgiving that year, I saw my wife making homemade pimento cheese for our family dinner, which my mother had always done. I didn't know my wife had asked her the year before how to make it (which was weird itself, as she doesn't really cook). I just lost it - and I don't even like pimento cheese.

100% this. I'm very sorry Mike. having been through this all I can offer is to give yourself space- don't assume what you feel or don't feel today about some aspect of your mother's passing won't change with time and don't feel pressured to do or say or make decisions about anything that doesn't suite you, your family, her memory and it's perfectly normal to change your mind later.