• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS change

13 posts in this topic

One of my local post office persons told me months agao a change would be coming.  I guess this will be it...

USPS is simplifying ground shipping options. Here’s what you need to do.

USPS will combine USPS Retail Ground®, USPS First-Class Package®, and USPS Parcel Select Ground® services into a single service: USPS Ground Advantage™.

Beginning July 9, you may need to update your shipping service to USPS Ground Advantage™ on active listings.

What a mess. I always try to offer first class boxed for one or two books to my customers. Usually saves them from $3-5 instead of priority. I just hate to pay or charge Priority if I don’t have to.

Between fees, taxes and now even higher shipping, it sure crowds out the little guys…

USPS has announced updated 2023 rates, and we’ve provided a summary of the published changes below.  

As always, we continue to work closely with our carrier partners to provide you with the best shipping rates on eBay Labels. While USPS has announced average increases, the actual change in the rate depends on the weight and zone.  

We encourage you to check the carrier rates to understand if these changes impact your shipments 

• Media Mail – average increase of 7.5% 
  • Parcel Select Ground packages up to 20lbs have increased and decreased rates depending on weight and zone – visit USPS for more details 
  • No change for Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express and First-Class Package 

Please note the following USPS updates will also be applied: 

• Domestic Shipping Insurance increase of an average of 4.7% 
  • Signature confirmation increase of $0.15 to $3.40 

eBay Delivery Services  

• Also effective July 9, 2023, eBay standard envelope rates will be: 
  • 1 oz.  $0.63 
  • 2 oz.  $0.87 
  • 3 oz.  $1.11 
Edited by comicstock

First Class will max out at 13oz, instead of the current 16oz.  :facepalm:

First Class Package Service®

This is the best priced service within USPS for shipments 13 oz. or less.
Shipping / transit time: 2-5 days
Weight Limits and maximum package size: Maximum weight for mail letters is 3.5 oz, for large First-Class Mail envelopes and parcels, the maximum weight is 13 oz.

Here's the ranges according to the USPS website

Pricing and product details

USPS Ground Advantage prices are based on weight and zone (distance between ZIP Codes™). See the proposed prices at Postal Explorer. Weight ranges are:

Up to 4oz
Up to 8oz
Up to 12oz
Up to 15.999oz

Each 1 pound increment up to 70lbs

Edited by cabinboy

On 6/27/2023 at 8:45 AM, Roo_Phillip said:

First Class will max out at 13oz, instead of the current 16oz.  :facepalm:

First Class Package Service®

This is the best priced service within USPS for shipments 13 oz. or less.
Shipping / transit time: 2-5 days
Weight Limits and maximum package size: Maximum weight for mail letters is 3.5 oz, for large First-Class Mail envelopes and parcels, the maximum weight is 13 oz.

We will have to see on the first class limit. I believe there has always been a 13 ounce cap when buying direct from USPS.

Paypal, eBay, Pirate Ship, etc. negotiate for first class to go up to 16 ounces. Whether they stop those contracts remains to be seen.

Edited by lizards2
greggy

email from pirateship:

Ahoy Michael!

everythingschanged1.gif

USPS is making some changes on July 9th, 2023:

• The good news is Priority Mail with Pirate Ship's extra discounts is getting up to $4.83 cheaper for this fast & reliable 1-3 day service.
  • First Class Package & Parcel Select Ground are merging into the new Ground Advantage name. The slower 2-5 day delivery speed stays the same—they're just changing the names 🤔
  • Ground Advantage rates for packages under 1 pound (formerly known as First Class Package) are staying the same 👍
  • Ground Advantage rates for packages over 1 pound (formerly known as Parcel Select) are mixed—some rates are increasing up to $1.06, while others are decreasing up to $3.
  • Media Mail rates are increasing by 7% across the board.
  • Signature Confirmation is increasing to $3.40.
  • Everything else is staying the same 🥳