• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sigin to main site and boards issue!
4 4

70 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/8/2023 at 2:46 PM, bc said:

Getting really frustrated with posts not appearing after hitting the "Submit Reply" button :frustrated:

Seems if you take more than a minute or two, the post just goes *poof* :pullhair:

Happened three times today and a few times earlier in the week.

Guess I have to type everything out in Word and then paste it here to be safe from now on :facepalm:

-bc

UPDATE: Must be something unrelated to time. I tried leaving open a reply for 5,10,15,20, 25, 30 and 35 minutes and they all submitted successfully. (shrug)

Are you using a desk/laptop, or a phone?

For informational purposes...

I use a desktop/laptop (Firefox) 100% of the time. I get logged out frequently. I've never once, however, experienced this disappearing post phenomenon.

On 7/8/2023 at 8:13 PM, CGC Mike said:

Are you using a desk/laptop, or a phone?

Windows 11 laptop, chrome browser ver # 114.5735.199 (64-bit)

I also see others posting about slowness or other issues happening earlier today, so my experience may be related to that.

Thanks @CGC Mike !

-bc

Just for a little more context:

The ghost post seems to happen when I have multiple tabs open to cgccomics.com to reference older threads/census/registry info in a reply. I'm also pulling images and quotes in from other websites as part of the post. 

If I'm just posting a quick meme or snarky comment, its never been an issue.

-bc

I've had the sign-in issue happen to me FOUR times today alone, and once more yesterday and the day before. Mike, not to be rude, but I've had it up to here with these constant signin issues that nobody seems to give a damn about fixing. It's been happening for over a year now. I mean, come on. I'm seriously ready to walk away it's that aggravating. 

Edited by Cat

On 7/11/2023 at 12:24 PM, Cat said:

I've had the sign-in issue happen to me FOUR times today alone, and once more yesterday and the day before. Mike, not to be rude, but I've had it up to here with these constant signin issues that nobody seems to give a damn about fixing. It's been happening for over a year now. I mean, come on. I'm seriously ready to walk away it's that aggravating. 

Go back to sleep...it's just a nightmare.  All will be well...the website is 100% functional. :)

banana_man_laughing_meme1.jpg

On 7/11/2023 at 1:27 PM, Galen130 said:
On 7/11/2023 at 1:24 PM, Cat said:

Go back to sleep...it's just a nightmare.  All will be well...the website is 100% functional. :)

I blame adamantium and his edits to make "sense!" Trademark Symbol Vector Art, Icons, and Graphics for Free Download

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator

We have been having problems with the "remember me" box for quite some time.  At this point, we have not been able to fix it.  A lot of time has been spent trying.