• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mislabeled book timeline
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Is it just me or should mechanical errors be fixed faster?  I currently have a book up at cgc that they mislabeled, sent it back immediately and has now been up there 2 months. Its been open and in the system for a month with no movement. Seems a little funny that they reduced the amount of days to re-sub for a mech error but they drag feet to fix them.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:03 AM, Cor88b said:

Is it just me or should mechanical errors be fixed faster?  I currently have a book up at cgc that they mislabeled, sent it back immediately and has now been up there 2 months. Its been open and in the system for a month with no movement. Seems a little funny that they reduced the amount of days to re-sub for a mech error but they drag feet to fix them.

Yep, very frustrating.  I have one that has been scheduled for grading since 6/1.  No movement.  I called and they told me "they are running about 20-25 days." 

I'm at 27 working days so guess that's not the case 🤷🏼

With as many mechanical errors as they seem to be having, I'm not sure why they don't just have a separate mechanical error team to get them fixed quickly.  Or maybe they do, and it's just still taking forever.  

On 7/9/2023 at 7:59 AM, Tcarroll17 said:

Yep, very frustrating.  I have one that has been scheduled for grading since 6/1.  No movement.  I called and they told me "they are running about 20-25 days." 

I'm at 27 working days so guess that's not the case 🤷🏼

With as many mechanical errors as they seem to be having, I'm not sure why they don't just have a separate mechanical error team to get them fixed quickly.  Or maybe they do, and it's just still taking forever.  

Just seems a little crazy for errors to not be pushed to the front of the line. This is an avengers 57 signed by roy thomas that they labeled signed by steranko. Pretty quickly can switch that label out.

On 7/10/2023 at 10:58 AM, Cor88b said:

Just seems a little crazy for errors to not be pushed to the front of the line. This is an avengers 57 signed by roy thomas that they labeled signed by steranko. Pretty quickly can switch that label out.

Crazy indeed.  I can't think of any other service/product I've used where the correction takes 3x+ the original amount of time to fix a small error.  In any normal situation, it would be fixed promptly.  

Similar for me, it's just missing the artist info and key comments.  Literally just needs a slip of paper printed and reslabbed.  Should take all of 10 minutes.  

On 7/10/2023 at 10:36 AM, Tcarroll17 said:

Crazy indeed.  I can't think of any other service/product I've used where the correction takes 3x+ the original amount of time to fix a small error.  In any normal situation, it would be fixed promptly.  

Similar for me, it's just missing the artist info and key comments.  Literally just needs a slip of paper printed and reslabbed.  Should take all of 10 minutes.  

Just got this reply Doesnt really seem acceptable.

"The Mechanical Error service is currently experiencing delays due to the recent overwhelming number of Mechanical Error submissions submitted that do not qualify for the service. Unfortunately, this has also delayed Mechanical Error submissions that do qualify for the service."

Edited by Cor88b

On 7/11/2023 at 2:41 PM, Cor88b said:

Just got this reply Doesnt really seem acceptable.

"The Mechanical Error service is currently experiencing delays due to the recent overwhelming number of Mechanical Error submissions submitted that do not qualify for the service. Unfortunately, this has also delayed Mechanical Error submissions that do qualify for the service."

That’s unbelievable weasel language for a policy they recently changed the definitions of. 

On 7/19/2023 at 9:44 AM, Cor88b said:

Book has still yet to move.

Same for me.  Called today.  They said "we can't give any kind of timeline on a mechanical error." Then tried to tell me my submission "is more complicated than normal mechanical errors."

They literally have to print a new label, and holder it.  That's it.  When I explained how ridiculous of an answer that was....radio silence.

I inquired why it would take longer than a reholder, which advertises 25 days.  She said "a lot more people have to check on it to make sure it's correct." Well geez, if one single person actually looked at it the first time it wouldn't have been sent back.  

She also offered that "she thinks they are kind of backed up, but isn't really sure." 

Done done and done.  Not sending another book, what a joke.  

On 7/20/2023 at 7:23 PM, Tcarroll17 said:

Same for me.  Called today.  They said "we can't give any kind of timeline on a mechanical error." Then tried to tell me my submission "is more complicated than normal mechanical errors."

They literally have to print a new label, and holder it.  That's it.  When I explained how ridiculous of an answer that was....radio silence.

I inquired why it would take longer than a reholder, which advertises 25 days.  She said "a lot more people have to check on it to make sure it's correct." Well geez, if one single person actually looked at it the first time it wouldn't have been sent back.  

She also offered that "she thinks they are kind of backed up, but isn't really sure." 

Done done and done.  Not sending another book, what a joke.  

I will continue sending books in but the fact that errors they commit aren't fixed first drives me nuts. Maybe stop announcing new signings and get stuff caught up?

On 7/22/2023 at 12:33 AM, Cor88b said:

I will continue sending books in but the fact that errors they commit aren't fixed first drives me nuts. Maybe stop announcing new signings and get stuff caught up?

Well, that's exactly why they won't do that.  People just keep shoveling cash their way no matter how little they care about delivering what we paid for.  After 8 months of repeated bad experiences and effectively being told they don't care one bit, I can't in good conscience give them another penny.  Hopefully some day that changes, but I'm not holding my breath.  As the economy declines and inflation ramps up, businesses that can't do what I'm paying them to do will lose my dollars very quickly.