• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submit comic book and cleaning
2 2

3 posts in this topic

I am a new member and am preparing to submit my comics . My books are 40 years old . Should books be cleaned professionally before submitting . If not cleaned is there a penalty for not cleaned 

When submitting for grading, you are typically trying to get the highest grade possible. But it all depends on the economics. If you spend $20 extra on a clean and press, and the potential grade bump value is only $15, you are moving backwards. You have to do the math to see what makes sense.

Also, you can lightly clean comics yourself at minimal cost, mostly just your time. Plenty of YT videos.

On 6/28/2023 at 4:29 PM, Randy C said:

I am a new member and am preparing to submit my comics . My books are 40 years old . Should books be cleaned professionally before submitting . If not cleaned is there a penalty for not cleaned

It depends on if one is dirty enough that cleaning will improve the grade. The "penalty" would only be for 'dirty' books; If you don't clean a 'dirty' book, it will grade lower.