• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sleeve question.
2 2

11 posts in this topic

What you're possibly looking for are cgc mylars, which if you don't get an answer straight away try googling and add the word resealable. That may help you. :cheers:

On 6/29/2023 at 4:57 PM, Vegabomb said:

I searched a bit and couldn’t find this answer. I’ve bought some slabbed books that came in a pretty tight fitting resealable sleeve. Can someone point me in the right direction to find these? :)

Thanks!

On 6/29/2023 at 5:57 PM, Vegabomb said:

I searched a bit and couldn’t find this answer. I’ve bought some slabbed books that came in a pretty tight fitting resealable sleeve. Can someone point me in the right direction to find these? :)

Thanks!

https://officialcomicproline.com/collections/cgc-cbcs-graded-bags

they sell resealable ones but they are not mylar

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/resealable-bag-for-graded-comics-9-x-14

these are also not mylar.

both companies make mylar non resealable versions 

Mylar is overkill to store slabs.  The option you may want are OPP bags.

This from Comic Pro's site:

"OPP bags are the best plastic material available for permanent protection and storage with superior preservation characteristics. OPP Bags are 2-mil thick and made from crystal clear Oriented Polypropylene (OPP).
CPL’s OPP Bags are archival safe and recommended for long term storage. OPP bags do not breakdown, turn yellow, or off-gas like regular Polypropylene and Polyethylene comic bags.
Possesses the same characteristics as Mylar (a Polyester film), but at a more economical price, and like Mylar, CPL’s OPP Bags are naturally resistant to chemicals, oils, grease, moisture, and ultra violet rays."

But the Comic Pro OPP bags aren't resealable.  The Bags Unlimited bag above is resealable, but it is Polyethylene, not up to the same standard as OPP.  And it is way expensive - 100 for $41.06.

I recommend Clear Bags B814 - resealable OPP, 100 for $19.55.  And they're running a July 4th 10% off sale now.

I'm 20+ years into collecting slabs, and I don't have any bags turning yellow or off-gassing, even when I kept the original throw-away plastic from CGC on them. The environment is the key factor.

slabvault1.jpg.7061b5304ab0bf4c381e6308a1b86ba3.jpg

I'm sure they would deteriorate in a harsh environment like a garage or attic (like plastic sports card holders from the 1990s), but if you're letting your CGC slabs cook or freeze, your problems won't be related to the external bag.

Edited by valiantman

On 7/1/2023 at 1:02 PM, MAR1979 said:

If for your personal collection and seek to display your books from time to time, IMHO go with the EGerber 914M2 - reason is; Mylar filters out 99+% of UV's , polypropylene is not a UV-resistant plastic.

Yeah, I forgot people would even consider displaying books. EGerber 914M2 are awesome, but they don't seal, so you get tape residue possibilities... and I wouldn't display any CGC period... no matter which bag/glass was on it.  Fade happens everywhere but in the dark.