• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~What If?~ Idea

3 posts in this topic

What if registered users could complete set types and submit them for approval themselves? Would this help speed up the process and fill out the set types faster? Would this be something other users would be interested in? I mean, have an online form where users could completely fill in everything needed for a set, including each card and its scores, then have someone at CGC check it over for completion and correctness; then CGC approves it and places it in the appropriate location. And if it's disapproved, the user can get a message stating why it was rejected (incomplete, someone else submitted it first, scoring is way off, etc.). Users could then correct the issues & resubmit, or delete/cancel their submission.

(Please excuse my amazing MS Paint skillz :roflmao:)

image.thumb.png.61143cf6e6f70fd5f21344eef499ac6c.png

Even if users didn't get 100% of cards, but got like 50-75 cards to get the set started I think that would be pretty cool. 

For example, there are still only character sets for a handful of generation one pokemon. That still leaves 800+ pokemon still needing sets made, and new cards in english+japanese being released every 1-3 months.

If the bulk of a characters cards got filled in, it'd be easier to add in the rest later when someone trying to complete the set finds whats missing. 

We need more registry sets available to get more registry participants.

Just my two cents 🙂

• Administrator
On 6/29/2023 at 6:32 PM, cyclonus11 said:

What if registered users could complete set types and submit them for approval themselves? Would this help speed up the process and fill out the set types faster? Would this be something other users would be interested in? I mean, have an online form where users could completely fill in everything needed for a set, including each card and its scores, then have someone at CGC check it over for completion and correctness; then CGC approves it and places it in the appropriate location. And if it's disapproved, the user can get a message stating why it was rejected (incomplete, someone else submitted it first, scoring is way off, etc.). Users could then correct the issues & resubmit, or delete/cancel their submission.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will pass this along. :)