• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Connect vs Heritage!
1 1

15 posts in this topic

So my CC order from June 6 finally arrives today... anybody's Heritage win from last week arrive before it? 

Btw for those new to this wonderful hobby, CC tells you after a win that it will take up to 3 weeks to ship your order. Not the best service if you plan to be a Fast Freddie Flipper lol

I got my Comic Connect shipment today. It was a little delayed because the initial invoice did not include shipping costs, so I had to pay that two weeks after I thought I was done. It would be a good idea if they didn't make the invoice payable until it is complete.

My CC art arrived today, 24 days after I won and paid for it. They need to do better. I know the argument is, "They sell so many comics they have to ship, too," but frankly if you can't handle the art side professionally, hire someone from Hakes, HA or CLink who can fix this for you.

Edited by KirbyCollector

As of this morning, my Comic Connect order from the June 5th auction still hadn’t shipped.  I contacted customer support, and they created a shipping label later this evening (though Fed Ex is still waiting for the package). Pretty disappointing that I needed to contact them about it, but at least they were responsive.  I last won a piece from them in 2019, but I’d rate them below both Heritage and Comic Link in terms of  efficiency. Their invoice system is pretty confusing as well.  

On 6/30/2023 at 11:17 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Btw for those new to this wonderful hobby, CC tells you after a win that it will take up to 3 weeks to ship your order.

That doesn't stop them from invoicing you after the end of each day of an auction.  They don't even wait until the entire auction is over to see what your total winnings are before they invoice you. 

On 6/30/2023 at 11:29 PM, tth2 said:

That doesn't stop them from invoicing you after the end of each day of an auction.  They don't even wait until the entire auction is over to see what your total winnings are before they invoice you. 

CC is owned by Metropolis right? Maybe someone is more concerned with collecting on invoices to make payroll  and pay out consignments than trivial matters like shipping out comics and art. (shrug)

Considering how much lower Comic Connect's fees are than Heritage's fees, I am happy to wait an extra week or two for the art to arrive. I agree that they should wait until the end of the auction to start sending invoices, though. Part of the issue is that the auction also includes their standing collection of "buy it now" pieces. In fact, in their most recent auction, four of the six pieces I purchased were in that latter category.

On 7/2/2023 at 2:29 AM, RBerman said:

Considering how much lower Comic Connect's fees are than Heritage's fees, I am happy to wait an extra week or two for the art to arrive. 

From a buyer's perspective, the fee that the auction house is charging the consignor is completely irrelevant to me and should not affect the timeliness of their shipping. 

If CC wants to take longer to pay the consignor because of the lower fee, then more power to them.

On 7/1/2023 at 11:28 PM, tth2 said:

From a buyer's perspective, the fee that the auction house is charging the consignor is completely irrelevant to me and should not affect the timeliness of their shipping. 

If CC wants to take longer to pay the consignor because of the lower fee, then more power to them.

Lower income = lower staff = lower productivity.