• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SubGrades
1 1

4 posts in this topic

What did you all think was going to happen when you raised the price to an absurd level?

People don’t want to pay $15 extra a card for sub grades. 

So the fact that you are not keeping them anymore because no one is paying for them is kinda like shooting yourself in the leg and then asking why it hurts

A buddy of mine has been gathering a bunch of tcg cards for grading and was still deciding what service to use. I was a pretty strong advocate for CGC before the announced changes, but now I’m ambivalent about it. The things I liked most about CGC (sub grades, perfect 10, distinctive blue label) all vanished when they decided essentially to conform to CSG.

I also used to be a huge advocate for them but with these changes it just seems pointless.  The blue labels, sub grades, everything was super easy to read and understand and now they just throw it all out the window.

“The changes we’re making with CGC Cards will benefit collectors and dealers by making our expert and impartial services more accessible, more affordable and more rewarding,” says Steven R. Eichenbaum, CEO of the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®), of which CGC is part. “We are committed to providing the highest levels of service to the card market for decades to come.”

Typical CEO of a company - so far disconnected he has no idea what people actually want. 

What a disappointment