• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 344
1 1

18 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, morbius21 said:

maybe 9.6.  Is that some cleanable dirt on the punisher's logo?

I think so, the book has not been out of the bag in years, this is the first time I take it out since I bought it way back when. Will give it a dry clean wipe down before sending it in. What do you think is FMV for it?

Edited by aabruzzese

On 7/6/2023 at 10:26 AM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

If you don't see any problems then it should be a 9.6 ...right ?

I am going to do a quick dry clean and send it in for Grading, I really hope it does hit 9.8 as that would be my first one in my PC.
There seems to be a huge population of ASM344 out there graded and the prices are just all over the place.  Wonder why so much of a gap in the price range.  Are people just trying to cash in as I am thinking to keep this one for a few more years. 

What is the significance of this book ?   Why is everyone getting it slabbed ?

On 7/6/2023 at 7:57 PM, aabruzzese said:

I am going to do a quick dry clean and send it in for Grading, I really hope it does hit 9.8 as that would be my first one in my PC.
There seems to be a huge population of ASM344 out there graded and the prices are just all over the place.  Wonder why so much of a gap in the price range.  Are people just trying to cash in as I am thinking to keep this one for a few more years. 

On 7/7/2023 at 8:41 AM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

What is the significance of this book ?   Why is everyone getting it slabbed ?

First appearance of Cletus Cassidy, who is the human embodiment of Carnage. The first full appearance of Carnage in Amazing Spider-Man #361 is already on fire

What I don't understand is how some minor keys become so bloody overpriced, I have not touched these comics since I bought them at the store way back when, and am just wetting my toes again to complete my Peter Parker Spectacular Spider Man run, but these Amazing Spiderman keys are crazy especially #300.

I wish I had bought the PPSPM #1-11 back in the day as I am in Canada and would have gotten the Canadian Price variant which are worth a small fortune now. 

AmazingSpiderMan344-Crease.thumb.jpg.5aef56dab4b9cf98fd6171038263a7e8.jpgAmazingSpiderMan344-Crease.thumb.jpg.5aef56dab4b9cf98fd6171038263a7e8.jpg

On 7/7/2023 at 3:48 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Are these color breaking creases? Hard to tell from your pictures.

IMG_2284.jpeg

You are right, my eyesight is going downhill so I need to be really careful. So these small creases would cost .4 or .6 from the grade? It is the only spots that are problematic on the book after close inspection/. 

Edited by aabruzzese

On 7/7/2023 at 7:04 PM, aabruzzese said:

AmazingSpiderMan344-Crease.thumb.jpg.5aef56dab4b9cf98fd6171038263a7e8.jpgAmazingSpiderMan344-Crease.thumb.jpg.5aef56dab4b9cf98fd6171038263a7e8.jpg

You are right, my eyesight is going downhill so I need to be really careful. So these small creases would cost .4 or .6 from the grade? It is the only spots that are problematic on the book after close inspection/. 

This shouldn’t get a 9.6 even with a very good press. Too much color loss and it looks pretty deep. Sorry.

On 7/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, Jordysnordy said:

This shouldn’t get a 9.6 even with a very good press. Too much color loss and it looks pretty deep. Sorry.

Isn't it crazy though? I will get it pressed and see if the actual crease comes out at least. 

Might get a 9.2 or something like that, can't imagine it dropping below a 9.0 though?

On 7/7/2023 at 7:17 PM, aabruzzese said:

Isn't it crazy though? I will get it pressed and see if the actual crease comes out at least. 

Might get a 9.2 or something like that, can't imagine it dropping below a 9.0 though?

Probably not. Please post after you get it back from CGC

On 7/7/2023 at 7:38 PM, scburdet said:

they're not being as cruel with little spine ticks, but I'd still say maxes out at 9.4

Finally some words of Encouragment, one thing though I am going to buy a black light flashlight to double check any more expensive books I buy. When I lived in Arizona , the only thing I used it for was spotting Scorpions at night so I could torch them. 

On 7/7/2023 at 5:42 PM, aabruzzese said:

First appearance of Cletus Cassidy, who is the human embodiment of Carnage. The first full appearance of Carnage in Amazing Spider-Man #361 is already on fire

What I don't understand is how some minor keys become so bloody overpriced, I have not touched these comics since I bought them at the store way back when, and am just wetting my toes again to complete my Peter Parker Spectacular Spider Man run, but these Amazing Spiderman keys are crazy especially #300.

I wish I had bought the PPSPM #1-11 back in the day as I am in Canada and would have gotten the Canadian Price variant which are worth a small fortune now. 

Thank You for that.......Now I'm searching to see if I have # 361