• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about registration and grading disparity
3 3

27 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/7/2023 at 1:13 PM, Jesse Larson said:

Did they find out where the mix-up occurred?

I will update you on this when we get it back.  We may have to do a little research to find out exactly what happened.

I really appreciate you getting this on CGC's radar, Mike.  However, I'm having a bit of trouble with the situation.

After poring over some of the other problems folks have encountered elsewhere on the boards, I'm wondering if I should bother.  I know I shouldn't pay attention solely to the negative experiences other have had with sending back books for a "mechanical error", as they can be the most vocal.  However, there doesn't seem to be much of a positive response for items sent back in.  If the end result is that I lose my book for another 5 or 6+ months only to have it sent back with a lesser rating/status, I might as well just keep the book?

I would think that there should be some indication of what happened to my book, but I know that the volume of books processed can make that a daunting proposition.  And, perhaps my fear is that this will just be given short-shrift and end up losing the original Stan Lee SS due to some processing error that isn't worth CGC's time/resources to fairly resolve.  The prospect of going from originally a 9.6 Stan Lee SS to a 9.2 qualified label isn't fair or right.  I re-emailed the submissions@ address again with my concerns, but understand they may take awhile to respond.

I'm just quite conflicted, at this point.

On 7/10/2023 at 8:58 AM, Jesse Larson said:

I really appreciate you getting this on CGC's radar, Mike.  However, I'm having a bit of trouble with the situation.

After poring over some of the other problems folks have encountered elsewhere on the boards, I'm wondering if I should bother.  I know I shouldn't pay attention solely to the negative experiences other have had with sending back books for a "mechanical error", as they can be the most vocal.  However, there doesn't seem to be much of a positive response for items sent back in.  If the end result is that I lose my book for another 5 or 6+ months only to have it sent back with a lesser rating/status, I might as well just keep the book?

I would think that there should be some indication of what happened to my book, but I know that the volume of books processed can make that a daunting proposition.  And, perhaps my fear is that this will just be given short-shrift and end up losing the original Stan Lee SS due to some processing error that isn't worth CGC's time/resources to fairly resolve.  The prospect of going from originally a 9.6 Stan Lee SS to a 9.2 qualified label isn't fair or right.  I re-emailed the submissions@ address again with my concerns, but understand they may take awhile to respond.

On 7/7/2023 at 12:15 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will update you on this when we get it back.  We may have to do a little research to find out exactly what happened.

@CGC Mike hope it works out :) 

• Administrator
On 7/10/2023 at 9:58 AM, Jesse Larson said:

I re-emailed the submissions@ address again with my concerns, but understand they may take awhile to respond.

I understand your concerns about sending it back to us.  Keep in mind, you are mostly only reading the comments where people had problems with their mechanical error submission.  What you don't read about, is the one's that had successful ones, and that was most of them.  

As far as re-emailing submissions, I have spoken with upper management.  I recommend following my instructions that I gave regarding this book.  That way, I am able to make sure everything goes smooth, and you don't lose any sig mentions on the label, ect...  Anyhow, it's up to you.

On 7/10/2023 at 10:30 AM, CGC Mike said:

I understand your concerns about sending it back to us.  Keep in mind, you are mostly only reading the comments where people had problems with their mechanical error submission.  What you don't read about, is the one's that had successful ones, and that was most of them.  

As far as re-emailing submissions, I have spoken with upper management.  I recommend following my instructions that I gave regarding this book.  That way, I am able to make sure everything goes smooth, and you don't lose any sig mentions on the label, ect...  Anyhow, it's up to you.

OK, I will trust your guidance on this, @CGC Mike

When I receive the book from Fed Ex, I'll get it sent out again.  Much appreciated.

A very positive update : I emailed back and forth with Nichole in customer service to exchange photos and information. They tracked the original SS designation down and she stated "I have verified that this was intended to have the yellow label and the previous submission number is 4195251-003, anything that was included prior will be restored."

So grateful to @CGC Mike and the support folks on this.  :cheers: