• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why does INCOMPLETE flag as 'pedigree' for a reholder?

7 posts in this topic

I would like to start reholdering my legacy slabs to be consistent with current slabs.
This will start with comics that have custom labels.
I am trying to enter a comic for a high-value reholder that is incomplete.
The system automatically flags it as a pedigree (it is not) and will not allow me to make the choices to view or select a custom label.
Coding error or purposeful?
Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2023-07-06 200358.png

Edited by troy.division
missed a word

• Administrator

Hello @troy.division,

Depending on when this was originally graded the incomplete notation has been and is entered into the Pedigree field purposefully. This is done for visible centering on the label. If you are sending these in for reholdering there is nothing else you need to change on this. You will not be charged a pedigree fee for these as they are only reholders so this will not apply. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

• Administrator

Hello @troy.division,

Thank you for confirming this. Please write the specific label number (found HERE) on your submission packing slip making the request there. Because this is a software issue we will not be able to change this without the book in hand, unfortunately. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hi @MattM CS

Bumping this with the announcement of the 'New York' Spider-Man label being taken out of the vault.

To confirm what you are saying since I can't choose a custom label -
I should request the reholder and then write on the paperwork that I want the New York custom label?

I want to be crystal clear on this process as it is a high value book being sent out.
Thank you in advance.

Edited by Chamber of Chills